Sign in to follow this  
no worries

Carbon fiber tripods (not mine)

I just purchased a  brand new Feisol 3441S off eBay and it's really impressive.

2.6 pounds ,rated for 44 pounds, plus it extends to 70 inches. Nice quality tripod ( comparable to Gitzo) 

Anyway, it turns out that the seller has more of them and wants $250 plus shipping. Typical web price is $400-$450.

If you are interested, call John at (714) 805-6469 or see his ad on the Orange County Craigslist.

• Like 1

I have a CF Manfrotto.  Had it for years and a lot of miles in the pack and thousands of hours under my optics.  Also have an aluminum Manfrotto I bought for a truck rider and for family members to use after one of them dropped my 15x56s over on an elk hunt on one of their cheap camera tripods. 

This sounds like a good, less expensive option.  I would love a second CF tripod.  I assume it has the same threaded post to mount a head of your choice?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I have a CF Manfrotto.  Had it for years and a lot of miles in the pack and thousands of hours under my optics.  Also have an aluminum Manfrotto I bought for a truck rider and for family members to use after one of them dropped my 15x56s over on an elk hunt on one of their cheap camera tripods. 

This sounds like a good, less expensive option.  I would love a second CF tripod.  I assume it has the same threaded post to mount a head of your choice?  

I also have a CF Manfrotto. To me, nothing even compares to them. Even these ridiculously priced Outdoorsmans...they make me laugh. Except for their machined parts- Good stuff. 

• Like 1

I have a CF promaster. Really nice. Not sure why I would pay 2x for an aluminum outdoorsman.

• Like 2

I have been looking at the Feisol long before any of the other high falutin tripods came along, but have never have been able to afford them. That being said, this is going to be my first experience with one. I currently own quite a few others that I have gotten from my old friend Jim White. But with reviews and Specs I'm hoping won't steer me wrong. 

Used the new Feisol today on my kids 34A hunt.   I really like it.  Switching from lever locks to twist locks takes some adjusting.  It comes with a two price “ telescopic “ center column.  I was skeptical but it’s stable and super easy to use.  

Lance, it has the standard 3/8 stud to mount a head. The manfrotto Fluid head screwed right on.  Only complaint is there are no set screws to prevent the head from coming loose. I used locktike since I don’t plan on swapping heads.  

• Like 1

I just ordered one today too to try it out. Will see how it works out. $255 shipped to CW members in AZ.

This is really nice tripod. It handles my 15s with no problem even fully extended. I'm 6'3" and the center post has plenty of adjustment left while standing. I really like that the legs fold completely up around my tripod head for a more compact package. The guy was easy to deal with and I had 3 of them in 4 days. 

Plus one for a good deal!