Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Goldy.....

getting my brain around it.  somewhat.  always wanted him to lead a team-ours-deep.  into game 7.. pressure of the last out or a win.  he will give some life to another team or teams now-i thought he would be our franchise.

now-go rewrite alberts' records dude.

lee

Actually, it was a smart trade, and the D'backs at least got a couple decent players. There was little upside in keeping him since they have decided to rebuild and he would have become an UNRESTRICTED free agent after 2019. The latter means NOTHING in return; he just goes to the highest bidder, just like Corbin did this week with AZ getting zilch for him. So along with the four players they got, Goldy's salary is now gone to St. Louis with him, and the D'Backs can use it elsewhere. 

• Like 1

There is no way the dbacks could’ve kept him here after 2019. They only signed the club option as a bargaining chip. He was going to get traded this year no matter what. I thought it would be later in the year though. He’s a great player and I hate to see him go, but he will do great things. His salary will go through the roof in 2020. 

As for AJ, he is a good player too, when he is healthy. I think injury is going to be an ongoing thing with him. Better to get something for him while they still can. 

Greinke will be next to go. 

• Like 1

I have been a STL Cardinals fan my whole life, getting Goldy is awesome!  I also follow the diamondbacks and I think it was a semi fair deal. Carson Kelly will be a average to above average catcher. Weaver has good upside that he showed in the first half of the season but I would be surprised if he becomes a top of the line pitcher. Goldy is a beast though I am excited to see him play for my #1 team! 

This front office I feel have done a really good job with what they’ve been given. LaRussa and Stewart killed the team and our farm system. Like others have said we wouldn’t be able to match the offers that he’d receive after this season and being unrestricted who’s knows if he would want to stay anyways. We have the worst farm system in the league. This was inevitable, so might as well start now and do it right. This catcher(area where we lack) Cameron Kelly sounds promising. Kelly and Luke Weaver the pitcher we got are in the top 100 prospects in baseball. They said 2 teams were only willing to make a trade and this was the best offer they were going to get. Greinke is next. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Looks like AJ is next. No reason to watch them now.

Except it the hometown team and fans don’t quit cuz a couple moves they make smh 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Godly sucked a fat one the whole first half of the season also 

And still put up 33 HR's and 83 RBI.........and as for what ifs....at least give him the chance to decide whether he wants to stay and play or go gold digging.........having said that I give him credit for try to go to a team that might have a shot at World Series.......

Felt like a necessary step to get value for a player they weren't going to pay.  What hurts is No Goldy, No Corbin, No Pollack and probably no Grienke and they raised season tkts 3%.  Not much star power in the valley! Go Brewers! 

• Like 1

It was his time to go. Should have dumped him last year and done everything to keep jd Martinez. 

But let us be reality. It doesn’t matter what the lineup looks like if you have a guy like boxburger closing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

It was his time to go. Should have dumped him last year and done everything to keep jd Martinez. 

But let us be reality. It doesn’t matter what the lineup looks like if you have a guy like boxburger closing. 

Now that is funny.........

• Like 1