Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

Texas whitetail meat hunts

Just filled my freezer up at my brothers place in Texas. Insane the amount of deer there. Every time I go I am blown away. Anyways, wanted to post this as I bet some of you guys are looking for meat. He has a few does hunts with cull bucks a very real possibility (see picture below) if anyone is looking for meat on a budget and a cool experience seeing boatloads of deer.  Great for kids. This will be for like 5 deer a person and any hogs you see and maybe one of the 5 deer is a cull buck.  Bring the ice chests! Here some pictures of what I was looking at all weekend. Just a very small sample. 

Call him at 325-347-7679 if interested. 

XwubIM9.jpg

Xef2yQX.jpg

i5v8Mbl.jpg

BAQ7ydR.jpg

• Like 4

I might have to do this, my buddy just went and brought back 7 deer back. He dropped  2 off at my house and I made some amazing jerky out of it. Hands down great tasting meat. I think he shot 3-4 hogs which were all small 30-40 pounders but got one big one about 300lbs. 

• Like 2

Yeah.....

I love chasing coues but it's really fun to sit and watch so much game so close....

Stress free hunting which is a nice at times...

From Tucson it's about 11-12 hours driving right down IH 10 in Mason, Texas....

These hunts are usually in December....

Generally 2-3 days, lodging provided onsite. 

Not sure on much else. Call him up fellas. He's a good guy...

• Like 1

Those meat hunts would be fun with the bow.

I'm headed up over New Years to my place in Texas 5 deer in a couple days. Ain't coues hunting but it sure is good for the freezer. And this guys hunts are awesome good people. I would recommend them for sure. 

• Like 1

I did a job just a few miles north of this place a year or so ago.  Unbelievable amount of deer. Would see 100 a day just driving to the job.

• Like 1

I live in Texas-- the area where is talking about is in a dang 'golden triangle' for whitetail hunting.  Lots of great critters, the meat is some of the finest you'll take off a deer, fun terrain, great spot to light up a campfire, drink a few adult beverages and tell stories after the hunt.  I went down last weekend and did some cull work and had a blast- well worth the trip!

• Like 3