Sign in to follow this  
10Turkeys

Sierra Gamechanger Bullets

Has anyone tried these bullets yet? I loaded up some 165gr 7mm bullets in my 7mm Mag today, just a first time outing, but so far not to impressed. The gun shoots Sierra GameKings moa. Sierra has a video of them, but it didn't show any groups that they shot at the range.

They have done such a great job marketing them that I have never heard of them, let alone shot them...

Sierra took their Match King line, added a plastic tip, and labeled it TGK for hunting for those not willing to shoot a "match" bullet on game.   

Basically a TMK (tipped match king).  Which I love in my .280AI.

I shoot the 160 TMK @ 2991fps.

3 shots @ 100

20180325_100543_zpsqvegjkhq.jpg

5 shots @ 200 after zeroing

20180519_125001_zps4u72xdaz.jpg

Keep working with them.  They should come around.  

Jim, I just loaded some 140s in my .270 and they shoot amazingly well. I am very impressed with them so far. I have also loaded some 130s in some Creedmoors with excellent results. Trent went to Wyoming last month and one of the guys he went with was running the 130s in his Creedmoor and took a nice goat at over 700 yards. Full penetration and nice exit hole. I have also had great results with the 160TMK out of 7 Rem mags over 68.5gr H-1000. The 30cal 175 TMKs have also proven to shoot well out of a .308 I built for a client. That rifle and bullet have gone on to kill Bull Elk, multiple Mule Deer, and Ibex without issue. They may say not recommended for hunting on the box but they sure do work good. 

4 hours ago, STOMP442 said:

Jim, I just loaded some 140s in my .270 and they shoot amazingly well. I am very impressed with them so far. I have also loaded some 130s in some Creedmoors with excellent results. Trent went to Wyoming last month and one of the guys he went with was running the 130s in his Creedmoor and took a nice goat at over 700 yards. Full penetration and nice exit hole. I have also had great results with the 160TMK out of 7 Rem mags over 68.5gr H-1000. The 30cal 175 TMKs have also proven to shoot well out of a .308 I built for a client. That rifle and bullet have gone on to kill Bull Elk, multiple Mule Deer, and Ibex without issue. They may say not recommended for hunting on the box but they sure do work good. 

The .130 what powder are you using with the Creedmoor? and what speed are you getting ?

42.0gr of H4350. Only getting 2700fps out it but its only a 20" barrel on that one. 

• Like 1

Couldn't get the 160gr .284 bullets to group in a 7 mag or a .280 Rem, but the 140gr .277 bullets will shoot!

0113191650_HDR.jpg