kwp

Wild Game Processing-Tucson

If you have meat at WGP in Tucson, go pick it up and don't delay.  I haven't been able to drop my elk off and they are turning away others because people are slow to pick up.  I'm not aware of any other good options in Tucson so I have my second fridge crammed full of boned elk meat.

• Like 1

Good luck. Watch some videos and do it yourself. It will pay for your fridge. Next time you do it you will pay for your grinder and so on. $1.00 a pound adds up fast. You already have it boned out. Even slim jims and summer sausage are easy to do and you get your meat back not someone elses.

• Like 3

Same info here. My buddy got turned away with his daughter’s deer from youth hunt. I won’t take another deer to Dickman’s either, so I’m not sure there’s any other game in town. 

He did end up doing a lot of it himself, but not sure if he was able to get a hold of a grinder or not. 

Dickmans is not doing wild game anymore per John. John said he turned away 30 elk in the last week. 

He's the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them.

I did my meat on my own for 15 years. John is worth it and then some re: time, quality, packaging, etc....

There are tons of YouTube videos on how to break down cuts. It's actually very easy. Pick yourself up a grinder from harbor freight and have some fun.

35 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Dickmans is not doing wild game anymore per John as of a few weeks ago. He's the only gig in town. John said he turned away 30 elk in the last week. 

He's the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of them.

I did my meat on my own for 15 years. John is worth it and then some re: time, quality, packaging, etc....

Just picked up deer from dickmans a few days ago... not sure where u got your information.  Their freezers are full too...

DYI is all well and good but that crap is time consuming. Don't know if it's a factor but I heard it was on FB that one of Jonathan's sons passed away. Not sure if that is true though.

29 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Just picked up deer from dickmans a few days ago... not sure where u got your information.  Their freezers are full too...

John from WGP got a call straight from Dickmans saying they are done with wild game after this year as of two days ago when I dropped meat off at WGP. 

Take it for what it's worth. This is the info I got. Ask Dickman's?

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

DYI is all well and good but that crap is time consuming. Don't know if it's a factor but I heard it was on FB that one of Jonathan's sons passed away. Not sure if that is true though.

Correct. Great, super kid too. A true tragedy....

3 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Correct. Great, super kid too. A true tragedy....

That's awful. Was it a car wreck or something?

I won't post publicly as it is not public info but it was an accident....

Super super kid. Hard working as anyone. Can't speak more highly of him.  If you've dropped meat off at WGP in the last few years, he was the one receiving probably. 

26 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Super super kid. Hard working as anyone. Can't speak more highly of him.  If you've dropped meat off at WGP in the last few years, he was the one receiving probably. 

That's super sad.  As a parent I can't think of anything worse.

• Like 1

CROCI, John

passed away November 7, 2018, a beautiful life taken too soon. He was born July 10, 1999 to Jonathan Croci and Monica Apodaca. John grew up in Tucson and graduated from Flowing Wells H.S. John was a hard worker who learned the family business and worked beside his dad on a daily basis. John was a special person, a respectful young man with a kind soul. John will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him. He was the kind of young man that anyone would be proud to call son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin and friend. John is survived by his parents, Jon and Monica; his brothers, Jonathan Croci and Gabriel Vargas; his sister, Alisha Vargas; his Nani, Maria Croci; his uncles, Nathan and Pete Croci; his girlfriend, Alizae Lopez and many aunts, uncles and cousins. He is preceded in death by his grandfather, John Croci. Services will be held on Tuesday, November, 13, 2018 at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 8650 N. Shannon Road, Tucson, Arizona 85742. Viewing and Rosary will be held at 9:30 a.m., followed by Mass at 11:00 a.m. Arrangements by ADAIR FUNERAL HOMES, Avalon Chapel.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Really sad to hear this. Pretty sure I remember him...