Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

License Convenience Fee

I was in Sportsmans yesterday and asked about this. I was told that it will be $2.00

Logo

GAME AND FISH NEWS

Dec. 11, 2018
Arizona Game and Fish Department

Reminder: Hunting/fishing license dealers have option to charge convenience fee in 2019

Prices of Arizona licenses, tags and stamps are not increasing; dealers will no longer receive commission

Combined_hunt_fish_2_3_v3.jpg?1540936701

PHOENIX -- Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) customers are reminded that, effective Jan. 1, 2019, Arizona hunting and fishing license dealers will have the option to charge a convenience fee for license, tag and stamp sales at their locations. Licenses, tags and stamps purchased online from AZGFD or purchased at AZGFD offices are not subject to a convenience fee.

A change in the law (A.R.S. § 17-338) allows dealers to “collect and retain a reasonable fee as determined by the license dealer in addition to the fee charged to issue the license or permit.” The law also eliminates the 5 percent commission that dealers currently deduct and keep from sales of licenses, tags or stamps. That means after Jan. 1, the dealers will transmit to AZGFD the full value of the license for each sale and the dealers will retain the convenience fee, if any.

“The price that Arizona Game and Fish charges for hunting and fishing licenses, tags and stamps will remain the same as before,” said Doug Cummings, assistant director for support services. “Dealers will have the ability to charge a convenience fee, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will. It will be up to each dealer whether or not they charge a fee.”

Cummings pointed out that receiving the full monetary value of each license will benefit department programs, allowing more money to be put into wildlife conservation.

Game and Fish is stipulating that dealers who charge a convenience fee must post the amount in an area clearly visible to customers.

To buy a license online, visit https://www.azgfd.com/license/.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, or disability in its programs and activities. If anyone believes that they have been discriminated against in any of the AZGFD’s programs or activities, including its employment practices, the individual may file a complaint alleging discrimination directly with the Director’s Office, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086-5000, (602) 942-3000, or with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Attn: Civil Rights Coordinator for Public Access, 5275 Leesburg Pike, MS:WSFR, Falls Church, VA 22041-3803. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation or this document in an alternative format by contacting the Director’s Office as listed above.

Arizona Game & Fish Dept. · 5000 W. Carefree Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85086

(602) 942-3000 · www.azgfd.gov

twitter_color-764861b1b1c04bc199e8a0e48822136a.png  facebook_color-55201d0747153804178499fe5f15c2cb.png  instagram_color-ecc198153291423b96f31caf2d8751fc.png  youtube_color-d40255e26e6dd8301bf80490ae8118e2.png 

OTC tags is the problem. I wonder what Walmart will do, which I'm sure is the number one seller of OTC tags and licenses in the state.

3 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

OTC tags is the problem. I wonder what Walmart will do, which I'm sure is the number one seller of OTC tags and licenses in the state.

G&f offices sell them too

3 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Buy them at the game and fish office. 

• Like 1

Guess it will come down to how far you live from both, how much the fee is, and what your gas mileage looks like. With fees pretty low, gas will cost you more(for most people in the state) than the convenience fee real fast.

I use the game and fish office for the convenience of not dealing with store clerks having no clue on how to fill out the tags. 

• Like 3

Plus at AZGFD they print the tag like a real permit instead of that garbage they fill out in the store.

Regardless, this will all likely be changing soon. The Dept is working on a print at home solution for tags. 

• Like 2

Any idea what the previous commission on tags was? I’m guessing that was part of the tag fee before...so AZGFD didn’t raise the price but is getting more $$ by not paying the commission. Now up to the seller to charge their own extra fee. But yeah it’s worth $2 to me to not drive 30min to AZGFD office. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Plus at AZGFD they print the tag like a real permit instead of that garbage they fill out in the store.

Regardless, this will all likely be changing soon. The Dept is working on a print at home solution for tags. 

New Mexico did print-at-home. home tags for a while. You were able to print multiple copies of your tag. I'm sure there are those who did this and took multiple animals copies of the same tag. Any idea on how azgfd will prevent that from happening?

Yeah that will be interesting to see how print at home plays out. I believe TN went to this as well, but haven’t heard how it worked out there.