Edge

Hey hunters, $20K reward *update*

NTSB takes over if it's found. 

I understand that there may be an additional $100 for the recovery of both cockpit seats. Reports are that was the last place they saw their sphincters. 😁

All kidding aside. There’s a real success story of two guys bailing out of a vintage aircraft with its engine on fire over mountainous terrain and surviving to tell about it.

23 minutes ago, Phil Carr said:

I understand that there may be an additional $100 for the recovery of both cockpit seats. Reports are that was the last place they saw their sphincters. 😁

All kidding aside. There’s a real success story of two guys bailing out of a vintage aircraft with its engine on fire over mountainous terrain and surviving to tell about it.

Not to mention, pilots third time jumping out of a doomed plane. 

27 minutes ago, AzPlumber said:

Any current news on this?

I haven't seen anything online. I just sent the pilot an email, we'll see what he has to say...

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:02 AM, AzPlumber said:

Any current news on this?

I heard back from the plane's owner last night. He said there's nothing new to report.

I also visited the White Mountain Apache website and nothing new there. 

From a newspaper interview last summer, tribal elders said suspected crash site areas were closed to searching. Turns out they were already closed due to fire hazards. So now it's spring and fire risk is low. How long will the tribe refuse to sell backcountry permits because there may be a plane wreckage?

• Like 1

Still missing......

I received this email from the owner yesterday....

Now I don’t want to send a person on a goose chase, but I personally believe that someone (a group-hint) has covered it with trees and branched, to hide it from aerial searchers.  Maybe look for a suspicious huge clump supported by trees moved, broken out sheared off, or a swath path where the airplane would have run trees down.  I think THATS THE ANSWER. Because no one is seeing anything on recent Google Earth so far…hmmm.  We would probably see it.

Ron 

On 12/30/2018 at 8:52 PM, Edge said:

Not to mention, pilots third time jumping out of a doomed plane. 

This guy really needs to find a new hobby

• Like 2

Any updates on this? I've been on google earth all night since finding this. Made an account on here finally just to ask about updates. I love mysteries here in Arizona, growing up I spent lots of time listening to my Grandpa talk about stuff like this.

11 hours ago, azpatrick93 said:

Any updates on this? I've been on google earth all night since finding this. Made an account on here finally just to ask about updates. I love mysteries here in Arizona, growing up I spent lots of time listening to my Grandpa talk about stuff like this.

I traded emails with the planes owner about 5 weeks ago. Still missing.

Google earth doesn't have instant view. Pretty sure they systematic take an aerial view every few yrs.

I sold my house a yr ago. And google shows my old red truck in driveway from 2 yrs ago

5 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Google earth doesn't have instant view. Pretty sure they systematic take an aerial view every few yrs.

I sold my house a yr ago. And google shows my old red truck in driveway from 2 yrs ago

I spent time looking online also. I used a GPS app on my tablet. The sattelite pics were from the USDA, hi res and only a few months old.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 9:59 AM, Edge said:

I heard back from the plane's owner last night. He said there's nothing new to report.

reward is $30K, some avengers are tough to find like flight 19.  thinking hornhunters should have found it by now.

lee

6 hours ago, elkaholic said:

They must have just done so over my house. The photo in the upper left is more than a year old, but the satellite view is pretty current and shows a 2020 copyright. It's less than six months old, anyway.