Non-Typical Solutions

Forest Service moves to revoke rancher's grazing permit for trapping, hitting endangered wolf

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

How would people here feel if his permit was revoked for poaching an elk instead of a wolf?

Don’t think it would be? Poaching an elk doesn’t get grazing rights taken away.

This crap is just as bad as Pelosi or Obama telling us we have to pass it to know whats in it or we can keep our doctors.

• Like 2

I would be for a bounty on wolves.  Bring back to the childrens books the story of Little Red Riding Hood.   

The big bad wolf says to Little Red Ridinghood I will huff and puff and blow your house down.  Little Red Ridinghood says I will load and shoot your a.. off.  LOL 😊

3 minutes ago, ThomC said:

I would be for a bounty on wolves.  Bring back to the childrens books the story of Little Red Riding Hood.   

The big bad wolf says to Little Red Ridinghood I will huff and puff and blow your house down.  Little Red Ridinghood says I will load and shoot your a.. off.  LOL 😊

That would be way too traumatic of a read, cause mental disorders and depression........gotta stay away from that stuff....

Is there any info available about how much depredation occurred before he did this?

What extremely bothers me is all the wolf feeding stations (with processed elk meat) that the reintroduction group maintains within a one mile radius of residential areas. That should be a crime and those participating in that irresponsible action should be held accountable and go to jail! The last feeding station I tripped over even had an Arizona Game & Fish trail camera at the location.

• Like 2

I'm not a wolf fan but I do like to see some consequences for public land ranchers who violate laws killing wolves, lions, bears or whatever.  Ranchers are good folks and do a good service to us hunters but a lot abuse the sh!t out of there leases so maybe this will help some of them shape up a bit.

17 hours ago, KoosCrazy said:

I'm not a wolf fan but I do like to see some consequences for public land ranchers who violate laws killing wolves, lions, bears or whatever.  Ranchers are good folks and do a good service to us hunters but a lot abuse the sh!t out of there leases so maybe this will help some of them shape up a bit.

If a rancher is overgrazing his lease then tell him to cut his herd.  The solution is not to put more wolves out to cut his herd.  We dont need no stinkin wolves.  They have no value.  We dont need wolves to eat Elk either.  Hunters will happily reduce the Elk population to a proper level.  

3 hours ago, ThomC said:

If a rancher is overgrazing his lease then tell him to cut his herd.  The solution is not to put more wolves out to cut his herd.  We dont need no stinkin wolves.  They have no value.  We dont need wolves to eat Elk either.  Hunters will happily reduce the Elk population to a proper level.  

That's a great Idea but it doesn't happen unless its a high profile area.   I don't hold it against a rancher to kill critters that art killing their cattle.

I agree we don't need, nor do I want wolves. 

My issue is once a rancher moves his cattle from one pasture to another they shut off waters, hurting the wildlife.  They often over graze public to save their private.  Not all their fault since Forest services doesn't hold them to anything in grazing allotment agreements.    Its nice to see some consequences.  But unfortunately the only reason there was consequences was from wolves being high profile.