BlueRubicon

Hunting Report ?

Just wanted to drop a Quick line to see how everyone's Hunts are going ? I know I had a few stalks blown by the rifle hunt. I did not see any type of rut going on Down south.. Back to the Grind and will be out this weekend.

I'll be out in 33 this weekend so I'll hopefully see if any rut activity has kicked off. Another forum member told me he was out last weekend for awhile but the few bucks he saw weren't showing any interest in does yet. Won't be long now. Warmer weather coming this weekend so they might be sitting a little tighter until next week. 

I’ve been in 36c 5 days so far. I’ve seen a lot of bucks with does. One lunker of a buck on the 20th I got to 80 yards on but he didn’t give me a shot. Most of the rutting activity I’ve seen has been going at first light. I’ve been seeing a lot of deer. 

• Like 1

Got back from 33 yesterday afternoon (Dec 22). Got out late Friday evening and glassed hard for about six hours on Saturday. Nothing but a few does browsing around. Tons of sign in an area known to hold a lot of deer so it looks like it's a little early yet. Last year it didn't get busy until early January.

Been in 22. Seen a mature buck make a scrape and check on a doe and saw a couple small bucks square off. Other than that very little to no rut activity 

12 hours ago, NeckRoast said:

I’ve been in 36c 5 days so far. I’ve seen a lot of bucks with does. One lunker of a buck on the 20th I got to 80 yards on but he didn’t give me a shot. Most of the rutting activity I’ve seen has been going at first light. I’ve been seeing a lot of deer. 

Nice username. Reminds me of this hilarious post I read on here when i first joined. Guy said his friend gave him neck meat for helping on his elk hunt wanted to know what he should do with it. One of the first responses was “get new friends” lmfao. Still kills me

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i've been watching  mules in 22.   only buck i've seen is a fork horn; haven't seen the big boys yet.

I was in southern part of 21 ,not much hapnen............BOB!