BlueRubicon

Hunting Report ?

Yes, that is a great animal to take at year's end.  The rut appears on, but lacks the vigor I have seen before in one of my honey holes

during the rainyday, I had a close up chance but hesitated to bend a little lower to shoot so my arrow would clear a branch.  Should of done exactly that..."No glory in misses or shots  not taken..."

Saw lots of coues up close, like does and bucks at 15 yards, or closer, but never any shot.   Had a forkie come in and he stared at me for a good half hour.  A 13 paces stare down.   He almost settled down, but then the wind changed a fraction, and he moved his nose for a second, and boom, he bolted. 

That was Saturday.  Yesterday, the place was quiet.

4 more on Sunday. A late one came in after these 3 with nose down low, but it was a little doe too. Maybe next weekend. Tag soup for me. 

From tree stand, 10 yards downwind. Didn't see me until I almost dropped my camera and made a sudden move. No scent blocker. No avionics. 

Happy new year! 

IMG_20181231_171239.jpg

I am also interested in what you guys are seeing out there.  Rut should be going on real good about now but not hearing any reports.

Was driving in 5bn yesterday and came across big wide 3x3 chasing does in the middle of a road. Almost had to bump him with my truck to get him out of the road. Had no care that I was there. Will be in 37b next weekend chasing them. Hopefully the rut is going as good down there as it is up here.

I see that some were reporting rut was on in 33 around Christmas.

Would it likely still be on? 

I am split between 24A and 33, but if one is rutting and one not, It makes the decision easier! 

Thanks again. 

Saturday it was crazy.  Bucks chasing does all over 

• Like 1