Sign in to follow this  
rossiranch

Desert Muzzy Hunt

My buddy has this tag. Just curious if anyone else here has it this year and if so how’s it been going so far? We haven’t seen any good bucks yet, but we know it usually picks up around X-Mas. Anyways, happy hunting! 

I have a couple of friends that have this tag. They are seeing nothing but dinks and does. I have had this hunt several times and keep telling them the last 3-4 days of the hunt is when it usually picks up in the areas they are hunting. One thing that is causing problems is the recent rains have the deer scattered from one end of the unit to the other. They  are not stacked up near water sources like they would be in dry years.

• Like 1

We will be up there for the week after Christmas.  Hopefully see some bigger bucks come in but we have seen some decent rut activity.  Pretty much every group of does has had a buck.  

On 12/20/2018 at 5:14 AM, Shane.A.Luke said:

What Creed said. All spread out and fisrt weekend was bad moon phase.

I’m curious (I have little knowledge or opinion on moon phases), why do you think the first weekend’s moon phase bad? Do you think it’ll be better full or third quarter?

Went out with him on Friday. It was an exceptionally slow day. Only turned up 3 does and one small 3x3 was with them. Going out again in a day or two! 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, oscararias102909 said:

Had the same muzzy tag. My buddy Landon helped me locate this buck and we got it done. 

9EDF2ABC-0158-4D0B-B7E3-BDA7C8430658.png

F2E71444-C795-43B6-BE56-48A7EF7D3B4D.png

Great hunt, It's a nice buck. Best of luck for your next hunt.