Non-Typical Solutions

The wisest man I ever met was a third grade dropout

My grand father quit school in third grade to work on the farm in the depression, great and very wise man.

• Like 1

My grandfather was dyslexic and dropped out of grade school in the early 1920's. Worked a farm and later an orchard and lumber mill too in the Ozarks.

Laboring at home on the farm and mill, he was able to send three older brothers through college, one of those graduated from medical school.

Got gold fever, moved to AZ after WWII and became a millionaire several times over when gold was only $200 per ounce. People that knew him said he was the smartest man alive.

• Like 2

My Grandpa was uneducated. Could hardly write his own name, but he could read a newspaper. Tough, hard working farmer. Sun up, to sun down. Even late into the evening on a tractor, or combine, during planting and harvest.

When I was in Montana 7 years ago, I got a call on Christmas day that he had passed away.

Not the wisest man I have ever known, but they don't make men like him much anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snapshot said:

My Grandpa was uneducated. Could hardly write his own name, but he could read a newspaper. Tough, hard working farmer. Sun up, to sun down. Even late into the evening on a tractor, or combine, during planting and harvest.

When I was in Montana 7 years ago, I got a call on Christmas day that he had passed away.

Not the wisest man I have ever known, but they don't make men like him much anymore.

Indeed they don’t!!! My dad has been gone ten years this coming March! Miss him every day!

• Like 1