Sign in to follow this  
JohnGradyCole

Buying OTC Tag

Is going to a AZGFD office the only place I can buy an OTC Archery Deer tag?  I've done some googling and looked in the regs and can't seem to find an straight answer.  I saw somewhere that there may be authorized dealers who sell hunting licenses but I'm not sure if that means they would also sell OTC tags, I also couldn't find who the authorized dealers are.  Also - if I can go somewhere other than a AZGFD office, where is there to go in Tucson?

Thanks - hopefully this is a question worth answering and not one where I glanced over the answer while looking through the regs. 

Nope I get mine at Walmart or Sportsman's Warehouse. Just make sure you have your license with you when you go to buy. I used to go to Dick's also but then they got a little too political so I tend to avoid them now. You can get your 2019 tag now too if I'm not mistaken if you mean you need a 2018 for the rest of the OTC.

**Almost forgot - call ahead though. Some places run out because they hand you a tag as opposed to printing one off.

• Like 2

I purchased my non resident small game/fishing license and my Deer Tag with a paper application sent to the Front Desk, at the AZ Game and Fish dept Tucson.  I filled out the app. and enclosed a check for $460, ie, $160 for the license and $300 for the deer tag.   I mailed this in on Dec 1 and received it two weeks later.   This saves me a 120 mile round trip when I get to AZ from the east.