Sign in to follow this  
AZ8

Moving cost

Future move from Mesa to Flagstaff and will be using a moving company. Curious on a ballpark dollar amount if anyone has done this specific distance.  

Doing research for a move in Jan/Feb.  Way too much crap for a Uhaul. 

A co-worker used a moving company recently and they seemed to charge by weight more so than distance. 

When I moved 6 years ago I realized just how much crap I had that didn't need.

• Like 1

I did that move(company paid for) about 22 years ago and they did charge by weight, but that also included them boxing everthing. They also estimate the job on unboxing everything. You may get a small local company to do it for you at an hourly wage, but most of them only have 22-24ft trucks. (Un)Fortunately promotions have gotten us back to the valley.

• Like 1

Didn’t realize they charge by weight. Good info. Thanks guys. Yeah, we’ll being doing all the boxing. Just need them to load up the rig and head north. Then unload and we’ll take it from there.  

Ii think U-haul can supply guys to load the truck for you and other guys in Flag to unload. It might be a lot cheaper to go that route. A moving company won't insure your stuff if you box it. Not that their regular insurance is worth a crap.

I haven't made that specific move, but did move last year, used Moving Team 6 and had a great experience ( whoever you use, red the reviews on Yelp)  We moved about 12 miles and we had a lot of crap. We paid $2K, but they took apart the beds, desks, etc. and set them back up. I could have never done it with my work schedule and would have been physically impossible

I don't remember who moved us from Tucson to Flagstaff 11 years ago, but it was around $13,000.  It was all government contract, so we did nothing other than move our own firearms.  Most moving companies won't touch that.  Holler when you're up here!