lancetkenyon

5 To 1 Odds.....Why Not?

Seated a bullet to the lands to start.  Seems like a decent length throat to seat them out for more powder space.

20181226_174327_zpss9ecp1h6.jpg

20181226_174424_zpsb3zbsjcm.jpg

20181226_174515_zpsa5uftslu.jpg

Not saying open sights can’t be accurate, but I’m curious on the level of difficulty of a ladder test or ocw test will be on open sights. Not even sure if your going to be shooting for groups or if speed and functionality are more important. I would love to see your groups in the .3s, I know you can do it. If you do fail for some odd reason, I’ll pitch in $50 to off set your costs. Keep up the good work Lance. 

I will be shooting for groups prior to the mile shooting for three reasons. 

1.  Build my own confidence/accuracy/experience.

2.  Verify where zero will be with a 200.2gr bullet and see how/where this rifle likes them.

3.  Figure out what powder charge has best ES/SD and good enough speed to flatten it out as much as possible.  Anything over 2600 is a bonus.  Low ES/SD is huge at 1000+, and vital at 1760 yards.  1760...dang that sounds far!

• Like 2

Looks like an awesome project!

How will that stock design affect your cheek weld with the aperture set that high? And are you keeping the gun bone stock?

As with life, work comes before play.  

Rifle will remain stock but I will install a padded cheek rest/riser for the shooting.

Brass is all prepped and ready to load.  Just no time to shoot it yet.