lancetkenyon

5 To 1 Odds.....Why Not?

Do you need help or a spotter for your practice.  I can bring my old man's 26" Titus barreled 30-06 aperture sight match rifle that set a national 600 yard record in 51.

• Like 2

I wish I would have seen this before, I regularly shoot my 26” barreled 1-10 twist -06 out to a mile, just with a scope though haha.

Did you decided on a powder yet? I use mostly 4831 or 4831sc these days, I’ve been Wanting to try H1000 just for fun but I have never got around to it.

Any of the Bergers you have have been pretty good for me, my current rifle hates the VLDs for whatever reason though. 

I really wouldn’t worry to much about your bullet going transonic, where I shoot with my current load, I usually enter the transonic zone around 1600. I’ve never really have noticed my shots going crazy after that, you get far more screwed up by a 5mph wind that you didn’t or couldn’t account for or a crappy SD at that distance. I wouldn’t worry about trying to find a node close to the max velocity, if you find a node with good accuracy and single digit SDs but slower speed, I would take that over a 75 FPS velocity boost any day

Based off what I’ve seen you post In the past this shot should be pretty easy for you as long you have a decent spotter. 

48 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Lance gave up on this.  I'm pretty sure hes scared!

If you can’t do it lance just say so. 😎

• Like 1

You are all probably right about Taylor.

I really need to get on this though.  Just so busy with work and side work.

• Like 3

Casey, I said UPDATED.  Those are old odds.  If we were using old odds I would use 41 - 40  \"/