Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Alpine

Back in the early 90's when I had my cabin near Vernon  there was some type of inversion there and it was like -10 for a week and temp didn't change at all. White Mtn's can get really cold. I believe  Hawley lake is the State record low. someone tell Me how cold..............BOB!

50 minutes ago, naturebob said:

Back in the early 90's when I had my cabin near Vernon  there was some type of inversion there and it was like -10 for a week and temp didn't change at all. White Mtn's can get really cold. I believe  Hawley lake is the State record low. someone tell Me how cold..............BOB!

-40* below zero At Hawley 

3 hours ago, Greenback said:

-40* below zero At Hawley 

Notice how thermometers never go below -40'F? Mercury freezes at -37'F which incidentally is -37' on the Celsius scale as well.

I think I'm moving to Alpine.. I'm jealous.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Notice how thermometers never go below -40'F? Mercury freezes at -37'F which incidentally is -37' on the Celsius scale as well.

I get what you mean now, it will never go lower than -40, even if the scale says it does. 

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Awesome, it's snowing down here in SV and it's actually laying. It's been awhile.

Maybe that will help BigBrowns on his hunt.

Just got home from Alpine. Nice and cold. We were in NM the last few days. Complete white out in some areas yesterday. Nice to see some moisture for a change. 

• Like 1