Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

Daughters 1st archery buck

Thanks everyone for your comments. I was so excited when she radioed me and said buck down! She has been trying to get a deer with her bow since she was 16years old. She is 21 now. I remember every Christmas break she had I would text her in the morning from work and ask are you up? How's your day going and she would reply I'm glassing. She earned it cause she puts her time in.

• Like 1

Good for her and congrats, dad! He'll be tasty!

Thanks guys! Had backstraps 2 night ago they were delicious.  We were fortunate in 2018 to have 3 deer in the freezer so lots of good organic protein.  Good luck everyone in 2019!

I am in the minority here, but harvesting a young buck like this should not be congratulated or encourage. As hunters we have a responsibility to harvest mature animals to maintain a strong and health  population. 

1 hour ago, HuskerDevil said:

I am in the minority here, but harvesting a young buck like this should not be congratulated or encourage. As hunters we have a responsibility to harvest mature animals to maintain a strong and health  population. 

Comments like this make me really want a “dislike” button

Congrats thats so awesome

Seriously?  That's the problem these days we all want horns which is awesome but it was her 1st buck with a bow! I have a house full of mature deer. And more antlers in the garage that didn't make the wall and I'm dang proud of all of them. Sorry I'll be a better dad and teach my kids to hunt horns only. 

1 hour ago, HuskerDevil said:

No you are in the "Douche" section!

Congratulations!!!

Small bucks are trophies also.  My sons each killed mulie bucks with a muzzleloader this fall. Can you tell which one is happier from their smiles? NO WAY!  They both achieved a successful harvest. That spike made the best steaks and summer sausage we’ve had in a long time. That was a trip I will never forget because it was a leftover permit in a unit we had never hunted plus with school we had one day. We saw another beautiful part of AZ and he took a trophy that we are all proud of.  Then my older son was excited when his younger brother took a great muzzy buck in December.  Just enjoy the outdoors. 

D5B9B14A-93EB-4906-8DAE-F0EEA5A0A11B.jpeg

47E04107-C4BA-47E7-B5BB-D3E391CBDFFF.jpeg

• Like 1