Baboltin

Swarovski 10x42 question + vortex 15x50

I’m not sure where to post this but figured this part of the forum gets a lot of attention and people maybe selling some as well. 

Im Interested in upgrading from my vortex 15x50 to a pair of Swarovski el 10x42 or slc 10x42 and is the price increase worth it? I’m not sure what would be different ? 

With that I will be selling my vortex 15x50 that are in great shape. I will post them up with pictures but if someone is interested your welcome to pm me. 

I made the jump last year and it is worth it.  Light gathering at dusk/dawn and cloudy days is worth it.  The clarity and colors are far superior as well.  It was worth every penny and it only hurts once.  

If you glass a lot I would go with the 15’s.  

• Like 1

I have both and although the 10’s I have are clear the vortex 15’s will give you great spotting. I have the 15’s in Swarovski and 10’s and I would go with more magnification. My Viper 15’s are real comparable to my Swarovski 15’s, not better but close 

11 minutes ago, tanclan4 said:

I have both and although the 10’s I have are clear the vortex 15’s will give you great spotting. I have the 15’s in Swarovski and 10’s and I would go with more magnification. My Viper 15’s are real comparable to my Swarovski 15’s, not better but close 

Lol dude they aren’t even close. Apples to oranges. 

53 minutes ago, Baboltin said:

What is the difference that you are paying for ? 

Clarity, no stress on eyes, you will spot more 10x42 swaros than you will 15 vipers.  The clarity is what catches the small details like a twitch of the ear.  It’s stuff to cough up the money I know but you won’t regret it.  Vipers don’t compare to swaros, razors are a closer comparison but still not up to swaros level.  I’ve used both switching back and it’s a noticeable difference.

Swaros are like Toyota’s they hold their value too.

There's a ton of benefits of swaros over vipers, but to me the biggest are clarity, the ability to really see into shadows, and the depth of view. I used to have vipers,and I thought they were pretty good til I got my slc's.the swaros are significantly better in every category

• Wow! 1

I have pair of Cabela's Euro HD 10x42 for $800. Mine are last model but if any problems they will exchange for newer model same power you cannot go up or down. Also lifetime warranty with Meopta. I have original receipt these are not bargain cave binocs 

Screenshot_2018-12-19-11-25-26_1545244127484.jpg

Ill be the weirdo here. Going from viper 15s to swaro 15s the difference would be obvious. Not sure theres a big benefit from going up in price and down in power. Example... recently on some hunts for a big name outfitter I outglassed guys with $2000 binos.  Sometimes it's about the guy behind the binos not the binos, and I don't mean that to sound arrogant at all.  Just saying that if you know how to glass and pick up deer the benefit of spending the extra cash may be negligible.  I don't think you would regret the purchase at all. I plan to get to swaros when i can afford them over the needs of my kids. In the meantime i can hold my own just fine with my viper 15s. 

I have the viper 10x42, viper 15x50, kaibab 18s, and the razor 10x50.  The razor is by far the clearest glass, kaibabs are very good. Neither of my vipers have bad glass. Carried my viper 10s all over this state, but now I use the razors exclusively 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Don't settle for middle of the road binoculars or optics in general because you will never be 100 percent satisfied. I looked at Zeiss and Leica (I won't own anything vortex anymore) along with the swaro line and they (Swarovski EL) were most comfortable for me as far as hand position, eye cups, eye relief, and overall size. As far as SLC vs EL goes Els are going to have the newer/latest coating on it and for me more comfortable in the hands. I would say that the EL's were slightly more clear when I was really looking far out but you can't go wrong with either. I was able to put SLC 15x56s side by side with my 12x50 Els on a high country hunt this fall and you can't go wrong with either. Only gripe I have about the ELs is that you can't put the outdoorsmans stud in without sending your binos to them to install. Just use your vortex until you have the cash to buy exactly what you want IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Baboltin said:

What is the difference that you are paying for ? 

You're paying for the ability to see more wildlife and hunt harder. Theres a lot less time wasted on trying to figure out whether that rock is a deer or having to stop and rest your eyes. The quality of the glass allows for a lot less eye fatigue and more time spent in the glass. Also With better clarity i found it easier to catch movements. 

• Like 1

The best way to see the difference is to glass next to someone with the pair and switch every 15-20 minutes. When you get them side by side you will see the difference. I prefer 10 power Swarovski for most of my hunts.