Sign in to follow this  
DUG

2019 SnowPig

Went up to 23 yesterday for a day of archery hunting in the snow. Spotted 1 lone javelina heading down the side of a big wash. Worked our way over and found about 7 feeding. LukeDuke worked up to the top while I stayed near the bottom. The javelina worked up to near the top of a snowy knob. Luke drew back and missed his. I had already worked up to the top and across a flat near the edge of the next wash. I found a lone boar standing near the edge and drew back and released an arrow.  I heard the arrow hit something but got to where he was standing and no blood. I found blood on my arrow. We looked around and finally 1/2 hour later I noticed him limping at the bottom of the wash. Got into position for a finishing shot and then the long haul/hike back to the FJ. Thanks to Luke Duke for carrying my bow and jacket to the truck and not offering to help carry the pig. Lol! The last picture is where the pigs were feeding.

21489.jpeg

21477.jpeg

21475.jpeg

IMG_20190101_101026478.jpg

• Like 13

need to get that place thawed out before we get up there for HAM... I don't wanna sleep in the snow. lol

congrats on your pig