Tommytomtoes

Units 36a, b, c hunt #5097

I do have that Javelina book put out by GandF in my library. My personal thoughts are although interesting, there are a couple of threads on here and Javelinahunter.com that offer valuable information also!

0110192016.jpg

• Like 1

How about  a story and pics?

Some awesome members provided help when you needed it...it is the least you could do. 

I was off batamote road in 36A. Long story short, I was about to start glassing a hill when I seen movement at about 100 yards to my left just below me. It turned out to be a herd of at least 15. I stalked up to them and shot this dude at 20 yards. They all took off and he died expired in about 20 seconds.  

7DB2E931-64E9-4F12-8FD3-44399DB8ABD3.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice!

As mentioned that are all over. Think about how many hunters drove right past that herd.

Congratulations! 

Congrats of filling your tag--I love hunting these little buggers (is that safe because I can't spell all those other words y'all are calling them). Son and I got ours on Tuesday, going up with other son and a buddies kid that still has a tag and hopefully they can get it done......but I see only 1 arrow left in the quiver... come on, don't hold back... lol! 

There you go, you got your Tayassu tajacu by road hunting.   The tip of the week.  😉   And I dont know why all of this is highlighted. 

Congrats!

Since it is a peccary my vote from here on out is that they are called PECCERS...   

Have to be careful who you tell you are going peccer hunting!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, More D said:

Nice!

As mentioned that are all over. Think about how many hunters drove right past that herd.

Congratulations! 

Lol. I wasn’t driving, I was just on a hill not far from the road. 

3 hours ago, ThomC said:

There you go, you got your Tayassu tajacu by road hunting.   The tip of the week.  😉   And I dont know why all of this is highlighted. 

Lol. My apologies, I wasn’t driving. I was just on a hill bit far from the road. 

I just noticed that Tayassu sounds like ASU and tajacu could be ta cu.  I have seen those on mill ave.  Smell similiar?  😄

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, jdown said:

Congrats of filling your tag--I love hunting these little buggers (is that safe because I can't spell all those other words y'all are calling them). Son and I got ours on Tuesday, going up with other son and a buddies kid that still has a tag and hopefully they can get it done......but I see only 1 arrow left in the quiver... come on, don't hold back... lol! 

Yeah tell us the whole adventure! You get into a herd of rabbits that needed thinning?