PRDATR

New Service Fee

In the long run, I think this is going to be a winner for AZGFD as they no longer have to kick some of the money back to retailers and will keep 100% of the fee in-house. While retailers are making a little more per license/tag, I think they will lose out. More people will buy online from AZGFD and, more importantly, retailers are going to lose out on the extras people would buy at the retailers when they stopped in to buy their license (bullets, bait, camping gear, groceries, etc.). It was rare that I ever went into a store and picked up my license/tag without buying something else. Same reason stores do sales without making money on the sale items, it gets people in to doors and then they buy the regular priced stuff as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZLance said:

I dont even buy a license anymore...havent seen a g&f warden in the field in over 20 years ... #freeforall

What are they going to suspend your license,  lol...

• Like 1

This is for the year in 2015-16. Feel free to work out the exact % paid to dealers on your calculators. It appears to be somewhere around 1.5 to 1.6% 😉

Total License, Tag, Stamp & Application Fee Revenue ............. $34,315,045

Dealer Commissions .......................................................................... $547,544

Total less Dealer Commissions ......................................................$33,767,501