Sign in to follow this  
Hgrimes

Tucson Units

14 minutes ago, Tropicalmulch said:

Just in case you do decide to hunt TMP make sure you sign the TMP book at the G&F department  and get a TMP stamp.

You can do it online now

Out this a.m. Bucks are with does. 4 groups of deer. Each one had a buck. One buck was a bruiser. Couldn't close the deal. The rut is on............its gonna be awesome.........Duggaboy!

19 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Lots of people hunt in there, some really nice bucks! Not many harvest. Be careful of the anti hunters/hikers but don’t assume everyone hiking is an anti hunter. Weird place to hunt but it’s hunting. Not my cup of tea. 

Tucson people are just different...a bunch of crying tree hugger libs.

• Like 2

For Reddington...yeah for the most part once you get a couple miles in no problems parking and leaving vehicles. Lots of traffic on the main road so that could be good or bad as far as someone messing with your vehicle overnight. 

Yeah, I start school tomorrow so I have to wait until Saturday to start but I did some e scouting and Reddington road looks like the place I'll check out. I'm curious has anyone hunted the south side of the road and gone towards the national park opposed to making your way up north from the road? I know you have to get through the really steep basin from that so-called river they have there but have never been any further than that Tanque Verde hike in regards to going south.

Also, do grunt calls work on these bucks during the rut? I've used them to close the gap on whitetail, but since this is my first mule deer hunt I have no idea.