Lv2hnt

Javelina tags needed for lady vet hunt!!!

HELP NEEDED!!!

Arizona Elk Society’s Heroes Rising Outdoors / Hunts for Heroes is an established program for wounded veterans here in Arizona. We’re working on a very special outing for the weekend of February 22-24, 2019 --- Hunt Units 19A and 20A! Javelina tags needed!!!

We have confirmed five (5) lady Arizona veterans who are eager to go javelina hunting! Three of them have just recently joined our hunting ranks, while two have never hunted big game before. This will be set up as a hunt to help introduce these women to the therapy that hunting offers, and to build camaraderie among lady vets here in Arizona. Here’s the catch --- we are in need of five (5) rifle javelina tags to make that happen!

So … what hunt unit tags are we looking for? Again, the rifle javelina hunts we’re looking at are scheduled for the weekend of Feb. 22-24. Specifically, we want to get the lady veterans hunting in Units 19A and 20A (possibly Unit 21) --- we have facilities (cabins and cooks) available adjoining these hunt units.

That brings us to the question --- who can help us out with this??? If not you personally, who do you know with pig tags for those units they might be willing to give up next month?

There are many Arizona veterans who gave so much while serving our country. Here’s your chance to give back to some special ladies while helping build Arizona’s hunting heritage! Plus, if you’re free, we also could use some help that weekend guiding our lady vets in the field (lodging and meals supplied). Is that you?

I look forward to your phone calls! You can contact me via my cell: (480)760-3868 …Thanks in advance!

(Feel free to share!)

--- Tom Wagner, Coordinator – Heroes Rising Outdoors / Hunts for Heroes

Hunt - javelina broadside by prickly pear.jpg

• Like 1

Please see below for the units needed, as CHA is the host organization.

NEW_CHA_Logo_on_white.jpgCHA will be hosting our annual Mentored Javelina Hunt in February and we are currently working with the AZ Elk Society - Heros Rising Outdoors/Hunts for Heros program to have five female wounded warriors in our camp.  This will require five permit holders for the general javelina season in unit(s) 19A, 20A or 21 to donate there tags for the wounded warriors.  (Hunt date: 2/22/19 - 2/24/19.  Hunt #s 5006,5008 & 5011)  CHA has been able to donate many tags to this awesome program in the past and we are hoping that some of you that have tags would be willing to give them up to support these incredible ladies that put their lives on the line and were injured serving our country. 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, Beaton said:

Do not know anyone with these tags but I have family in 19a. If I'm free I would be willing to come be a glasser and help out

Beaton,

Your welcome to join us we can always use help with glassers and mentors!

Mike

Flyer-CHA Mentored Javelin Hunt-8.5 x 11.pdf

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, BOWUNTR said:

I know it's not the desired unit... but I have a 17b tag you can have. Ed F

Ed,

If you know of some herds, I am sure we can make it happen. Even though the camp location would be hour drive away. We would love to have you in camp!

Mike

We are having a silent auction for a Javelina Shoulder Mount donated by Frank James Artistry.  You can place your bid(s) at our upcoming Javelina Hunting Seminar on Tuesday, Jan 15 (info below) and will also being taking text or called in bids starting now up to noon on January 15, 2019.  If you want to text or call in a bid for the Javelina Should Mount please text or call in your bid to 602-309-3430.  Check out Frank James Artistry on Facebook. Special thank you to Doug, he donated two javelina shoulder mounts. One for Tuesday javelina seminar and the other for February javelina mentor camp. The javelina seminar shoulder mount will be under silent auction and given away at the end of the seminar.

Frank_James_Artistry_Info.jpgJav_Sem_2019.jpg?1547246328

• Like 2