Sign in to follow this  
5alivefishing

Big Horn Cape needed

Unfortunately the tannery destroyed my life size 16b cape. My understanding is they had received some defective oil that was used. I know a life size is now out of the question but a shoulder would at least help make this better. My wife had already cut the skull so a euro is also out. If you know of one for sale I would appreciate the info. 

Thank you in advance. 

Tim

please go to post dated 1/21

• Sad 1

If the tannery is admitting fault i would make them replace it. 

• Like 3

I appreciate the input. We are looking at our options. They have agreed to refund the cost of tanning for the entire order but not a replacement. The other ruined capes are easily replaced (Whitetail, Fox etc.). I will look at the other site recommended, thanks to all. 

That is a shame on the loss of your cape. An option you may want to look at is contacting AZ Game and Fish and tell them your story, perhaps they could find a road kill or poached bighorn, worth a shot?

• Like 4

Thank you to everyone, just spoke with Josh. He had some good info. We have reached out to G&F reference Expo as well. I appreciate all the help and kind words. 

Tim Smith 

My taxidermist and I have had discussions about the value of a desert bighorn sheep cape, he was telling the price for a full cape is upwards of 10k. Hope the tannery makes it right. 

I would have a lawyer get ahold of that tannery.  I think $10k would be a bargain for a life size desert bighorn cape (if you could ever find one) and in my opinion “my” cape would be worth far more then any replacement if this happened to me.  They have insurance for this type of thing, part of the deal when you’re in that type of business.  Good luck with finding one.  This really really sucks.  

• Like 1