Sign in to follow this  
5alivefishing

Big Horn Cape needed

I did a little research about this awhile back and it seams full capes were going for around $4-5K. Mine is worth much more to me (especially because its so blonde) but that is what I was seeing them go for. I dont know what I would do in your situation. Not sure who you used but I went with Chris Harlow. He has been doing sheep for so long I knew it was in good hands, but anything can happen.

7 hours ago, 5alivefishing said:

I sure hope not because that is out of the budget by a long shot. 

Let me put it to you this way, when he gets a tag he is doing a Euro and selling the cape.  

I wanted to take a moment and give an update. I would like to start by thanking everyone who provided input. I want to  especially think a member on CWT that reached out to me and provided a complete BH lifesize cape to replace mine. This gesture was one of the most generous things I have seen. I continue to be shocked at the generosity. I will make every effort next deer season to square up with him I hope. The cape is being shipped tomorrow and hopefully on its way to a different tannery soon. 

Again, thank you to everyone. 

Tim

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 2

3 minutes ago, 5alivefishing said:

I wanted to take a moment and give an update. I would like to start by thanking everyone who provided input. I want to  especially think a member on CWT that reached out to me and provided a complete BH lifesize cape to replace mine. This gesture was one of the most generous things I have seen. I continue to be shocked at the generosity. I will make every effort next deer season to square up with him I hope. The cape is being shipped tomorrow and hopefully on its way to a different tannery soon. 

Again, thank you to everyone. 

Tim

Holy crap!!!!   This is incredible!!  I’d be willing to pitch in $50 to that guy to buy him something cool if you wanna start a go fund me!!  Way cool!!!

• Like 4

That's what CWT used to be before all the bashing, oh ya and about deer hunting.. Awesome I'm in on a $50 spot

• Like 2

I appreciate the offers but I hope to host them here at my place in Texas and it’s covered. I don’t have big Whitetail but we have fair 8 points and an occasional bigger buck. It will be great to host them and give back. 

• Like 9