RodinAZ

7mm Mag or 300 WM ?

I'm in the market for a new "do all" hunting rifle. My last rifle was chambered in 7 Mag, it shot well, just didn't fit me as well as I wanted. The only reason I didn't default to the 300 Mag is I've got a bunch of brass, bullets and cases for the 7mm. I've been looking at the standard Browning Hells Canyon rifles, reviews are positive and they feel good in my paws. That's the direction I'm leaning, just need to decide on chambering. This will be used for deer, elk and pronghorn, assuming I am lucky enough to draw. What's your opinion?

Tia

You can't go wrong with either. But if it were me and I had the 7mm stuff already I would go with a tight twisted 7 mm RM. And shoot 160+ grain bullets. The browning fits that bill also take a look at the Christensen Arms mesa too. Both nice rifles.

• Like 4

Since you already have dies, brass, bullets and powder 7 RM.  

I have had both and reloaded for both but primarily have shot the 7Mag since the early 90's and have taken bear, deer, caribou and elk from  20 yards to about 300 with no complaints. It will shoot 2" groups with factory HSM at 300 yards.

7mm!   Have it chambered for the Berger EOL 195 if you reload.

Ok, that does it. Looks like the 7mm gets the nod. Now I gotta sacrifice something to get something. Ha

• Like 1

20190105_114215.jpgShot this last weekend. Factory trigger set to 3#'s, 25 year old rifle. Looking to find a place this weekend where I can see how it does at 400-600 before I leave for Sonora.

• Like 1