Snapshot

HUGE...Winter range Elk herd.

Pretty expensive undertaking to feed hay to that many elk? I imagine some people might do it? Don't really know.

When the Grizzlies come out of hibernation, they will cruise the winter range areas, looking for winter kill carcasses to feed on.

10 hours ago, Allforelk said:

Pretty sure I’ve seen video of people dumping bales off flat beds to help feed this herd. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Maybe that was in the elk refuge north of Jackson. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:13 PM, Allforelk said:

Pretty sure I’ve seen video of people dumping bales off flat beds to help feed this herd. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:18 AM, Snapshot said:

Pretty expensive undertaking to feed hay to that many elk? I imagine some people might do it? Don't really know.

When the Grizzlies come out of hibernation, they will cruise the winter range areas, looking for winter kill carcasses to feed on.

Wenas valley in Washington state we used to drop hay off to the elk at the feeding station, G&F always asked the ranchers in the area to do o during heavy snow years. was a blast to do as a teenager, buddies uncle own a huge chunk of the wenas valley mainly did Alfalfa. elk got so thick in the late 70s there that they put up elk fencing everywhere. always had to replace fencing. they started in the later years coming in around oct.

Anyone that has never been to a real elk feeding station should try to go its freaking awsum, only thing better is a real salmon run back in the 70s. cool picks

Also the one in Jackson had a video a long time ago, one of my friends who lived there used to feed elk with hay bails with a tractor pulling a trailer in the snow. pretty cool vid as there was a ton of bulls and big bulls

I would absolutely take that hay ride anywhere. As long as there was a giant cooler on the flatbed that is...