tyler1215

2 per year question

17 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I do believe you can have more than 2 tags, but can only kill two javelina.

That’s how the law is written but at the gf counter they won’t sell you more that 2. 

AZGFD will sell you as many left over tags as you want but the tags have to be different hunt numbers. My boys drew archery tags and I bought them another archery tag for unit on other side of road we hunt, then a HAM and general hunt tags. It would be great if we limited out on 2 but they are trying each time with a bow for their first archery javelina kill.  We wanted as many opportunities but that doesn’t mean we kill each hunt. 

Maybe they changed. I tried several years in a row to buy multiple tags in Advance and the Phoenix office would not let me. 

Something about poaching. I tried to explain to them if I wanted to poach a javelina I didn’t need multiple tags to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oz31p said:

Maybe they changed. I tried several years in a row to buy multiple tags in Advance and the Phoenix office would not let me. 

Something about poaching. I tried to explain to them if I wanted to poach a javelina I didn’t need multiple tags to do it. 

Sure would make it easy though. The whole "multiple tags as long as their different numbers, but only 2 pigs" thing seems absolutely impossible to regulate/enforce on the ground in my opinion. I'm surprised AZ has opened themselves up to such a fiasco... JMHO

• Like 1

No diferant than any other gf regulation. The few that are enforced are given minor slaps to the wrist any way. 

If one wants to poach they go out during the off season and shoot what ever they want.  

1 hour ago, Mr September said:

Sure would make it easy though. The whole "multiple tags as long as their different numbers, but only 2 pigs" thing seems absolutely impossible to regulate/enforce on the ground in my opinion. I'm surprised AZ has opened themselves up to such a fiasco... JMHO

22 hours ago, oz31p said:

No diferant than any other gf regulation. The few that are enforced are given minor slaps to the wrist any way. 

If one wants to poach they go out during the off season and shoot what ever they want.  

You sound like you know a lot on "the subject"?

1 hour ago, Mr September said:

You sound like you know a lot on "the subject"?

People on this forum come from a variety of career fields. 

Yes I have seen poacher after poacher get off or get by with a minor fine. 

20 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Hopefully our buddy Blake gets hit with more than a slap on the wrist.

If history is any indicator, I won’t hold my breath 

The otc licensing system is a big flaw. They have no way to track what tags you have purchased throughout the year unless you buy them at the Dept office. 

So let’s say you buy an archery deer tag and fill it in January. There is nothing to stop you from going down to Wally World and buying another one for the August hunt. And why not apply for a rifle hunt while you are at it. With zero reporting requirements they have no way of knowing, even if they contact you in the field, whether you have multiple permits or not. I know multiple people who have done just that. One guy shot 3 deer in a single year.

• Wow! 1