tyler1215

2 per year question

6 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

The otc licensing system is a big flaw. They have no way to track what tags you have purchased throughout the year unless you buy them at the Dept office. 

So let’s say you buy an archery deer tag and fill it in January. There is nothing to stop you from going down to Wally World and buying another one for the August hunt. And why not apply for a rifle hunt while you are at it. With zero reporting requirements they have no way of knowing, even if they contact you in the field, whether you have multiple permits or not. I know multiple people who have done just that. One guy shot 3 deer in a single year.

Did you turn him and the proof that he did that in to the game and fish? If not your part of the problem. I say take archery to a draw then problem solved just put in on the spring draw if you want to be an archery hunter next year they can leave the seasons just like they are now. They wont do that because they would only sell a quarter of the archery tags they sale now. We need to police our own  if we know guys that violate the rules turn them in.  

• Like 2

I sure wouldn’t want to lose my license over a javelina but I’m sure some do.  The BS ticket is the one where the guy walks around a tank looking for tracks and left his tag in the truck. AZGF considers that hunting/poaching since the tag isn’t on yourself and it’s during season. My boys wear their lic & tags around their necks on red lanyards so we don’t get into trouble. 

38 minutes ago, jim said:

Did you turn him and the proof that he did that in to the game and fish? If not your part of the problem. I say take archery to a draw then problem solved just put in on the spring draw if you want to be an archery hunter next year they can leave the seasons just like they are now. They wont do that because they would only sell a quarter of the archery tags they sale now. We need to police our own  if we know guys that violate the rules turn them in.  

So I am supposed to go snooping around building a case against some dude so I can turn him in? Get real dude, I know he did it but that’s a lot different than having enough evidence for a case.

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

The otc licensing system is a big flaw. They have no way to track what tags you have purchased throughout the year unless you buy them at the Dept office. 

So let’s say you buy an archery deer tag and fill it in January. There is nothing to stop you from going down to Wally World and buying another one for the August hunt. And why not apply for a rifle hunt while you are at it. With zero reporting requirements they have no way of knowing, even if they contact you in the field, whether you have multiple permits or not. I know multiple people who have done just that. One guy shot 3 deer in a single year.

Bingo. 

But they need more money for “education” and they ignore enforcement. The honor system only works with hornorable people. 

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

So I am supposed to go snooping around building a case against some dude so I can turn him in? Get real dude, I know he did it but that’s a lot different than having enough evidence for a case.

No, I would not expect you to build a case but calling the tip line doesn't take much effort and telling them what you know. They will investigate it themselves. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

When you buy an OTC tag, a copy goes to the AGFD. 

1 hour ago, jim said:

No, I would not expect you to build a case but calling the tip line doesn't take much effort and telling them what you know. They will investigate it themselves. 

Late 22 archery bull. I guy kills one in my dad's yard in pine. They back the truck over landscaping and pavers etc, trash stuff, load it and leave. Dad calls hot line, calls the game cop. Game cop don't even take his address to do a written report, let alone investigate it.

53 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Late 22 archery bull. I guy kills one in my dad's yard in pine. They back the truck over landscaping and pavers etc, trash stuff, load it and leave. Dad calls hot line, calls the game cop. Game cop don't even take his address to do a written report, let alone investigate it.

I'm sorry you had slobs do that. I would have called Gila county sheriffs before the game and fish on that one. (I know the sheriffs would not have showed up either.) 

• Like 1

AZGFD should work on closing some loopholes, a reporting system would be easy, other states do it with success. Minimal effort from hunters, I've done it online and by phone back east

I’d rather see a mandatory report at first time you access the g and f. Either the first draw you enter or the first license you buy for the year. I don’t think they want to know the true harvest numbers to be frank. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, Roosevelt Mark said:

That might have be the time I decided to light my yard on fire 😀

12 hours ago, oz31p said:

That might have be the time I decided to light my yard on fire 😀

Yes, the fire dept. has a better response time.  😉 

Did you hear about the guy that called the sheriff that someone was prowling in his backyard. Dispatch said that they were too busy to respond right away.  Five minutes later he called back to say that he shot the intruder. A sergeant and two deputies came lights and sirens.  When the sergeant sees that there is no dead guy he says "I thought that you shot him".  Homeowner says "I thought that you were too busy".

• Like 2