Couestracker

What's the trick with upside down pics?

Load a pic that's upright on my phone, but winds up upside down after posting. Go into my photo file, edit pic to rotate upside down, save it, then load onto site and post. Boom, pic still upside down. 

Could someone please enlighten me on how to fix this?? Thanks.

• Like 1

Fix it would not to post from your phone. But if you do choose to use your phone you can crop and make the pictures a different size then try multiple times to post to see if they come out correctly. This is what I do.

• Like 1

With my iPhone I do like you do. Edit photo, rotate 90° then save, then I edit again and rotate back to correct way then save again.

• Like 2

Maybe try what cjl2010 is suggesting.  do a 90 degree edit, save, then edit to turn 90 degrees back and save it.  then upoad.  Or just edit the photo on a computer and upload.  It seems to mostly be an issue with iPhones.  I think the iphone auto fixes photos so they display correctly even if taken upside down?  I don't really understand it.  Sorry for the headache.  I think you are stuck with the two options that cjl and Vowell mentioned.

• Like 1

I've found that if you take the photo horizontally with your phone it will post correctly, if you take the picture vertically it posts it sideways. this is with Android, Iphone posts them upside down I believe but I would also try the quick edit rotate trial and error and then remember which way you did it for future reference. 

I just posted to my cape post from my computer, sorry tablet and there upside down.

19 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I've found that if you take the photo horizontally with your phone it will post correctly, if you take the picture vertically it posts it sideways. this is with Android, Iphone posts them upside down I believe but I would also try the quick edit rotate trial and error and then remember which way you did it for future reference. 

+1 take horizontal with android works 

• Like 1

I send it from my I-phone to my e-mail.  save it .  post from where I saved it.  problem solved.  if I try it directly from I-phone, it's sideways.

• Thanks 1