Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

MeatEater/Antigun

2 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I think you guys are jumping the gun big time. I definitely DO NOT claim to be one political party or another.i use my own brain and make decisions on issues that I believe are right,not what some guy in Washington tells me that I should think is right. And I'm an avid Hunter,and completely back what is best for hunting and conservation. I can hear some minds blown from here. Probably the minds that,at the direction of their political party, are supposed to be blown at a comment like this....

+1.  If any of you guys ever thought Rinella was anything but a Democrat you’ve had your heads in the sand.  There’s a big push of democrat hunters out there, not saying you have to join them, but they’re better on your side then against it in my opinion.  If I had to pick between losing my right to hunt and losing my right to have a 30 rd mag for my AR-15 I can assure you my AR mags are out the window.  For all of you saying that you shouldn’t have to choose, I agree, but unfortunately time’s a changin.  We WILL lose rights over so called “assault rifles”, it’s coming sooner or later.  I’m a card carrying member of the NRA and a staunch fiscal republican, but I also realize the writing is on the wall.  We need people like Rinella, BHA and their gang of hipster hunters if we are ever going to have a chance at having a hunting future.  You can be an all or nothing lemming, or you can think for yourself and prioritize what’s important in your life.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The 2nd amendment wasn't created so you pussies could go hunting. You go ahead and keep giving your rights away one at a time. See where it gets us. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

+1.  If any of you guys ever thought Rinella was anything but a Democrat you’ve had your heads in the sand.  There’s a big push of democrat hunters out there, not saying you have to join them, but they’re better on your side then against it in my opinion.  If I had to pick between losing my right to hunt and losing my right to have a 30 rd mag for my AR-15 I can assure you my AR mags are out the window.  For all of you saying that you shouldn’t have to choose, I agree, but unfortunately time’s a changin.  We WILL lose rights over so called “assault rifles”, it’s coming sooner or later.  I’m a card carrying member of the NRA and a staunch fiscal republican, but I also realize the writing is on the wall.  We need people like Rinella, BHA and their gang of hipster hunters if we are ever going to have a chance at having a hunting future.  You can be an all or nothing lemming, or you can think for yourself and prioritize what’s important in your life.  

Much as I detest so-called "hipster hunters", I think yotebuster may be right, or at least partially right.  However, it doesn't have to be one or the other.  There may be a way to have a hunting future, as well as ownership and use of high-cap. magazine semi-auto rifles.  However, it will require resurrection of an organization similar to the old U.S. Army Director of Civilian Marksmanship program, and re-enrollment of shooters in civilian rifle clubs to participate in across-the-course style highpower rifle competition - similar to what has occurred among civilian populations in European countries.  Although Finland and Sweden have no 2A in their constitution, they are keen on the idea of a trained body of citizens who are already familiar with military-style rifle shooting, who could be available for call-up in times of national emergency.  This was the basis for many years of NRA highpower shooting - basically, it served as an understudy to military training, where in the event of a worst case scenario, there would already be a body of citizens who could be proficient in the use of issue-grade small arms with almost no time required for training.  I know the concept of ". . . a nation of riflemen . . ."  is pretty far-fetched stuff to many shooters and hunters of today, especially younger shooters, but it may be a way, in fact is probably the only way, to legitimize continued use and ownership of so-called assault rifles.  I personally don't think it is very likely, due to the difficulty, expense and time commitment involved, and also the fact that across the course events entail a definite military mindset and character, which some would find distasteful; but having participated in NRA highpower as an informal competitor, the associated benefits (competition in timed events, sportsmanship, hand-eye coordination, safety, etc.) apply across many activities, not just in sports but in everyday life as well.  Something to think about.

forepaw

• Like 2

It wasn't that long ago when it was From My Cold Dead Hands, now it's let's just go ahead and turn them in. My butt!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You’d rather have hunting than gun rights? That’s sucks 

Re read the post.  I prioritize hunting, public land access and habitat for wildlife above gun rights.  I own somewhere around 50 high capacity magazines.  At least a dozen AR-15’s, but I am not about to alienate and entire group of people who are pro hunting because they vote a different color then me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yotebuster said:

Re read the post.  I prioritize hunting, public land access and habitat for wildlife above gun rights.  I own somewhere around 50 high capacity magazines.  At least a dozen AR-15’s, but I am not about to alienate and entire group of people who are pro hunting because they vote a different color then me.  

How are you gonna hunt if can't own/use certain guns? You got the order reversed...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big or Bust said:

How are you gonna hunt if can't own/use certain guns? You got the order reversed...

A hunting trip without a place to go a season to hunt in or an animal to hunt is just a hike at best whether you’ve got a gun in your hand or not, and certainly regardless of the capacity of the magazine.  Once again, re read the post.  Do it slow if you have to to keep up.  The original post was about whether someone was anti gun because they were democrat.  My take home point is that we need as many hunters as we can get on our side.  The fact of the matter is that the largest growing sector of hunters are essentially hipsters who vote a different color then we do, but they are the key to the future of hunting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Obviously the hipster hunters are already among us 

You can call me whatever name you want.  I’m a fiscal republican, can give a crap less who someone wants to screw, where they want to go to church, or what color their skin is, I have two gigantic safes full of “assualt rifles” and high cap mags, I don’t for a second believe they banning them is gonna help society in any way, I wear carhartt pants and T shirts, I farm a few hundred acres and am an army veteran.  If you wanna pigeon hole me as a “hipster” and put everyone in that group as “against the cause” then you are definitely missing the big picture.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the 2nd amendment wasn't created for hunting it was created to to keep a well armed miltia and protect a free state. The future of ALL our rights will slowly be at risk as the 2nd amendment continues to be attacked. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

You can call me whatever name you want.  I’m a fiscal republican, can give a crap less who someone wants to screw, where they want to go to church, or what color their skin is, I have two gigantic safes full of “assualt rifles” and high cap mags, I don’t for a second believe they banning them is gonna help society in any way, I wear carhartt pants and T shirts, I farm a few hundred acres and am an army veteran.  If you wanna pigeon hole me as a “hipster” and put everyone in that group as “against the cause” then you are definitely missing the big picture.

I read your post just fine there bud. 

You are separating the issues (them wanting to take away the magazine capacity, types of rifles, etc. when it's just a tool to get their foot in the door to take it all). It's the same issue. Don't give an inch. This is a non-negotiable issue on any point IMO. 

• Like 10

I just want to be on the record stating, I don't own any of those fully semi-automatic scary dangerous black mean assault rifle ghost guns with their high capacity magazines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1