Sign in to follow this  
brinker19

Elevation/GPS on OnX?

Is there a way to see the elevation of a specific point (saved waypoint or just a location you zoom in to)?  I realize you can turn on Hybrid or Topo, then try to look at the closest lines, etc.  What I'm looking for is a way to back to a point on the map to get GPS coordinates and elevation without physically being there or using another program/app.

Thanks!

Not that I know of? I think it only show's the elevation for where you are, but that'd be a cool feature

I agree it would be a nice thing to OnX to add! 

I submitted this as a request directly to OnX. you should do it too to get some more traction on this topic. 

EDIT... I got a response from OnX. 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately there is not a way to find specific elevations on the map. You are entirely correct, the way you would find an elevation is by turning on topo or hybrid as a baselayer and following those lines. This is something that may show up in the future because I think it would be beneficial to many users however at this moment it is unavailable. Have a good day.

onX Support

Edited by AZElkhntr
Adding response

i think you can import to google earth and with the mousse on the waypoint it will tell you the elevation , i don't remember if you can do it on basecamp.