Sign in to follow this  

So I finally picked up an M1A SOCOM. I want to install a Sage EBR stock on it. Has anyone here done it? Is it worth it as far as accuracy and options for mounting scopes, bipods, etc? I may just throw on an Aimpoint up front and call it good.

KIMG1439(1).jpeg

Edited by ctafoya
  • Like 2

So for some answers to your questions..... Worth is pretty subjective with the stock.  I had one on my 22” Loaded and it was nice stock but heavy AF.  It doesn’t have the POI shift that you get with a normal stock and bipod on that gun.  It makes mounting bipods and optics better. It’s does tighten up your groups.  I think it would be better on your 16” gun.  And lastly it’s kinda pricey and hard to find in stock.  Hope that helps. 

Thanks for the info. I found a few for $7-$800ish. I've also been looking at the Vltor setup. About the same price as the EBR setup, but I'm sure its a lot lighter. I will for sure get one of the two. I threw an Aimpoint on it earlier and didn't like the way it blocks the iron sights. With the Vltor and Sage setup I can still utilize the irons as backups. 

Decided to go another route. 

GG&G bipod, TNVC cheek riser, Springfield scope mount, Magpul sling, Vortex scope that came discounted with the purchase, and night force rings. I'll update when I get my loads figured out. 

KIMG1464.JPG

KIMG1463.JPG

• Like 1