_the_kodiak_

Cancelled

$8000

You should not be paying that much for a rem 700 build.

You should not be paying that much either unless high end glass is included.

Brent is building me a rifle right now as well. Pre-64 action, Proof barrel, Mcmillan stock. He does build a fine rifle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _the_kodiak_ said:

I figured it would sell somewhere between 3-5k. If you call to order a rifle today your looking at 8k

With a custom TI action, carbon barrel, McMillan Carbon stock, Bix N Andy trigger, DBM w. Mags, Seekins rail, ARC M10 rings, and S&B scope maybe.

But not an R700 action, HS Precision stock, and a Leupold VX-3.

Maybe all the “experts” here should let the man get a list of parts and answer instead of jumping to conclusions.  I have two Weatern Precision rifles and like GreyGhost85 said, they build a great rifle.  The seller obviously doesn’t know everything about “his” rifle like all of you guys do, so let him get the answers from the builder who actually knows. Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

You could get that 300 Win. built for $1400 to $1700 and it would shoot .3 +/- or smaller. 

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

With a custom TI action, carbon barrel, McMillan Carbon stock, Bix N Andy trigger, DBM w. Mags, Seekins rail, ARC M10 rings, and S&B scope maybe.

But not an R700 action, HS Precision stock, and a Leupold VX-3.

How much does load development cost as that is included in the price of a Western Precision rifle? Guaranteed 1/4 MOA before it leaves the shop? I don't own a WPR but I know a lot of guys who do and they generally only sell them to buy another one.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, NMBPMAN said:

Maybe all the “experts” here should let the man get a list of parts and answer instead of jumping to conclusions.  I have two Weatern Precision rifles and like GreyGhost85 said, they build a great rifle.  The seller obviously doesn’t know everything about “his” rifle like all of you guys do, so let him get the answers from the builder who actually knows. Good luck with the sale. 

That is why I asked for the info.  It is a little offputting to see a rifle on sale for $5k with no info listed.  

Especially with the gross misrepresentation of another rifle in a separate post asking $3500 for a $1200-1500 set up (at new prices).  Just because a stock factory rifle was bought from a custom gunsmith does not make it a "Western Precision" rifle.  

I have shot a couple Western Precision full custom rifles.  And I know what was paid for them.  They shot very well, and were very well put together.  

This is the best non selling, selling post ever.  

Alex, I will take Cancelled for $8k.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, n2horns said:

This is the best non selling, selling post ever.  

Alex, I will take Cancelled for $8k.

This is exactly when on facebook selling pages you hit 1 of the below buttons :)

Interested

Is this item still available?

Is price negotiable?