Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

Big bucks, social media and the internet.....

never fails to produce controversy, jealousy, and name calling.  

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Someones jelly 

First you were “confused”. Someone then explained to you what happened. And because you didn’t like the explanation it makes that same someone jealous?? 😂😂. Get real dude. Once again, change my mind. I’m all ears. 

1 minute ago, CJohnson said:

First you were “confused”. Someone then explained to you what happened. And because you didn’t like the explanation it makes that same someone jealous??

youve lost me.

DuWanes not known for blocking roads into an area and  trying to keep other hunters out of an area.

DuWanes not known for having tons of dudes on ridges glassing one animal to walk one hunter in to kill it.

DuWanes also not known for ordering pallets worth of trail cams and having every deer or elk in a unit catolaged. 

Sorry but if A3s hunter was not there and Duwane himself was with his client that buck is fair game.  

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, standman said:

Big bucks, social media and the internet.....

never fails to produce controversy, jealousy, and name calling.  

Respectfully, I disagree. Plenty of honest, die hard hunters who get it done year in and year out with ZERO controversy. 

The jealousy comment is overplayed and like I said, unless you have some different info, change my mind. 

“Hunters gotta stick together..” they say. Apparently that means we lower our standards? No thanks. I’d rather tell the truth

3 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

DuWanes not known for blocking roads into an area and  trying to keep other hunters out of an area.

DuWanes not known for having tons of dudes on ridges glassing one animal to walk one hunter in to kill it.

DuWanes also not known for ordering pallets worth of trail cams and having every deer or elk in a unit catolaged. 

Sorry but if A3s hunter was not there and Duwane himself was with his client that buck is fair game.  

The last thing I’m doing is defending A3 for doing any of that, if they’re guilty of it. I hope they lose guides and permits for doing stuff like that if it’s true. Not gonna lie, I get a little nauseated when I hear myself sound like I’m “defending” A3. But I’m talking about how this particular animal was taken and the facts. Flip the roles played in this instance if you want, then A3 are a bunch of snakes! But that’s not the case. Change my mind. 

• Like 1

So wait lol, the a3 hunter wasn’t even there? That’s the reason many people think auction hunts are bunk. Just wait till you get a phone call. And then be pissed someone got there before you? How can someone be pissed about that 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Respectfully, I disagree. Plenty of honest, die hard hunters who get it done year in and year out with ZERO controversy. 

The jealousy comment is overplayed and like I said, unless you have some different info, change my mind. 

“Hunters gotta stick together..” they say. Apparently that means we lower our standards? No thanks. I’d rather tell the truth

Comment was not aimed at anyone in particular. Didn’t even read your post before I posted.   It’s was aimed at everything that I’ve seen on Facebook, Instagram, and this site over the years whenever a big, exceptional, out of ordinary buck is killed and posted.  Hardly ever  fails for a post to go south in a hurry.  

I don’t know anything about the buck, people involved, or the guide.  Just a general statement about people and social media now a days.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

So wait lol, the a3 hunter wasn’t even there? That’s the reason many people think auction hunts are bunk. Just wait till you get a phone call. And then be pissed someone got there before you? How can someone be pissed about that 

He was on the other side of the hill, dude. Need me to draw you a picture? Clearly you get confused with words...

Just now, standman said:

Comment was not aimed at anyone in particular. Didn’t even read your post before I posted.   It’s was aimed at everything that I’ve seen on Facebook, Instagram, and this site over the years whenever a big, exceptional, out of ordinary buck is killed and posted.  Hardly ever  fails for a post to go south in a hurry.  

I don’t know anything about the buck, people involved, or the guide.  Just a general statement about people and social media now a days.  

Apologies and thanks for the clarification. 

6 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

He was on the other side of the hill, dude. Need me to draw you a picture? Clearly you get confused with words...

Sucks to be him then, should have been on the other side of the hill. You mad bro? I bet you don’t even have any skin in this game. Yet here you are whining 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

The last thing I’m doing is defending A3 for doing any of that, if they’re guilty of it. I hope they lose guides and permits for doing stuff like that if it’s true. Not gonna lie, I get a little nauseated when I hear myself sound like I’m “defending” A3. But I’m talking about how this particular animal was taken and the facts. Flip the roles played in this instance if you want, then A3 are a bunch of snakes! But that’s not the case. Change my mind. 

I will flip the role. If Duwanes guys were on that buck waiting for Duwanes hunter to show up and kill it and A3 showed up....  Do You think for a second that A3 would just walk away if their hunter was right there ready to go? heck NO! They would have shot that buck right then and there.  If you believe otherwise you are kidding yourself.  

Secondly, how did Duwane just happen to show up right at the right spot? Isn't it possible he knew there was or could be a big buck there?

You publically called DuWane a snake,  seems a pretty strong choice of words. I know him personally as one of the nicest, honest, down to earth dudes you could ever meet.  I haven't met a single person that ever had something negative to say about him in fact quite the contrary.   Here's a great example of how he teaches his guys to be. While on the late hunt I was riding along with his son in law on his clients hunt. We found a nice buck but wasnt quite what the client wanted. When leaving another guide with his client are passing us and he flags them down to see what caliber buck they were after. Not only did he tell the dude where the buck was, we went back to make sure they could find it. As it turned out they missed it so he went out of his way to help get the guys client on it and the dude killed the buck. Duwane congratulated his son in law for the gesture when we got back to camp.  Did he have to help the dude out? Nope, but he did. Thats the type of guy DuWane is and has working for him.

• Like 2