Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

13 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Awesome coues buck. Old coues buck.  I know no details of either party involved in this drama. 

There are coues bucks I have on camera in the same unit this buck was killed. All are older and over 100". They are all coues deer. Very, very scarce but they are there. Average dude would never know. And they are all bucks. Not one doe.

Does everyone know that hybrids are literally almost not found in the wild let alone get to the age this buck needed to be at to score 150"?

Hybrids are a way of explaining the things the average Joe doesn't get to see or experience or are very rare because they don't get out enough, in my experiences. 

Lol. Read a book, buddy. Or spend about 3 minutes talking to an actual wildlife biologist. Jim Heffelfinger is a great resource on this. If you’re in the TUCSON area, swing in and talk to Jesse Lim at bull basin and have him tell you of his confirmed hybrid in the same class. You talk as if “rare” means it doesn’t happen. 😂😂. And you’re right, this is an exceptional HALF Coues buck. 

I've seen and killed lots of Coues but besides the ring around the nose and tail that buck looked and acted like a mule deer in that video. Truth be told I havent seen very many 150" typical coues, ok not even 1, so I have no clue...just a cool buck

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Lol. Read a book, buddy. Or spend about 3 minutes talking to a wildlife biologist. Jim Heffelfinger is a great resource on this. 

Before I posted I read his paper on hybrids actually for a refresher. 

Where the the glands located and what "biologists" looked at them? 

I'm not saying this deer is not a hybrid as I haven't seen it but the hybrid BS is sooooo overused erroneously.

heck I've got acquaintences who glass up 10 hybrids a year....grin...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Before I posted I read his paper on hybrids actually for a refresher. 

Where the the glands located and what "biologists" looked at them? 

Jim commented on bens Instagram video saying that it's so cool to have a video of one. Sounds like he was pretty convinced 

Haven't seen a ball busting thread like this one for a while. Proceed this is getting good, where did trphyhntr go?

2 minutes ago, QCwtAddict said:

Jim commented on bens Instagram video saying that it's so cool to have a video of one. Sounds like he was pretty convinced 

Pretty cool. Wonder what was the deciding factor in that video that convinced him? 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Sucks to be him then, should have been on the other side of the hill. You mad bro? I bet you don’t even have any skin in this game. Yet here you are whining 

Whiner, hater, jealous... they’re all just meaningless terms when someone doesn’t have a solid argument. I borrowed my kids crayolas if you’re still needing that picture? 

14 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Is this a high breed?

IMG950234.jpg

What’s a high breed? Either way, the raffle tag buck recently killed and CLAIMING to be a Coues deer is a slap in the face to an actual Coues buck like that in your picture. 

So all this amounts to is this is not a true 150inch coues buck but a unique deer and a trophy as far as I'm concerned all the drama of how it was killed is dumb! So Duwane Adam's is the outfitter with the client that harvested it but if the story is true then maybe he should have had common courtesy and backed out but what I'm wondering about is you said the original person who was on the deer said it was on the hill. How did it end up in the flats? Just saying. I agree with trophyhuntr sounds like people are but hurt cause they didn't kill it. But if Adam's just walked in with disregard for the other hunter that's wrong too!

• Like 1