Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

What did Duane do wrong? He was with the guys that had originally found the buck wasn’t he?

Come on man!!  What'd he do wrong?   Dude when someone is on a buck..  the last thing you do is climb a hill somebody is already on, come up with a bs story asking which big buck they're hunting and then camp on top of that person then shoot the buck.. not to mention the bs phone call to Ben that Duane made about optic pricing while Ben was getting his hunter on a different knob to relocate the deer..(mind you Duane knew ben was out there and on this buck!).  Everything Duane did was very toxic and low budget!

13 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Wrong. Metatarsals are, in fact, a definitive way of identifying a hybrid

No sir, you ARE incorrect.  

1 hour ago, CJohnson said:

100%, I’m quite positive what Ben would’ve done if the roles were reversed. Definitely not what Duwane did. Minus “providing the hunter”, there was very little A3 had to do with this hunt. Not your typical A3 hunt with 15 guys on every hillside. Just a couple of guys the finder (Ben) wanted there and the hunter. 

You ask how did Duwane just find that spot without knowing the buck was there? Did you not read anything I wrote?!? Of course he knew the buck was there! Like I said, and like Duwane himself said, “colt gave Shane permission” to take the hunter in there. That’s how Duwane knew where to go. Since you seem to know Duwane super well, ask him his side of the story. Also, ask him why he wasn’t hunting the buck from the very beginning if he knew it was there BEFORE A3 was requesting permits? 

As for your story. Ummm, thanks for the cool story but clearly that says something about his SIL, not necessarily Duwane. Once again, unless you have something else contrary to what I’ve said about THIS story, you’re just telling stories that make us feel all warm and fuzzy 

So it sounds like Duwanes guys knew where the buck was and Ben did as well. 2 outfitters now after a particular buck in a particular area. While it is shitty luck for Ben Duwanes shooter was at the right place at the right time. And Ben's spotter being on the buck don't mean crap when two different outfitters are on the same deer. 

Don't think whether he knew about it before A3 is even relevant, someone close to him did know. End of story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bowfishAZ said:

Come on man!!  What'd he do wrong?   Dude when someone is on a buck..  the last thing you do is climb a hill somebody is already on, come up with a bs story asking which big buck they're hunting and then camp on top of that person then shoot the buck.. not to mention the bs phone call to Ben that Duane made about optic pricing while Ben was getting his hunter on a different knob to relocate the deer..(mind you Duane knew ben was out there and on this buck!).  Everything Duane did was very toxic and low budget!

Were you with them on the hill at the time? 

A phone call?

• Like 1

Just now, CatfishKev said:

So it sounds like Duwanes guys knew where the buck was and Ben did as well. 2 outfitters now after a particular buck in a particular area. While it is shitty luck for Ben Duwanes shooter was at the right place at the right time. And Ben's spotter being on the buck don't mean crap when two different outfitters are on the same deer. 

Don't think whether he knew about it before A3 is even relevant, someone close to him did know. End of story. 

Clearly this statement shows either your very rookie or have been brought up very wrong with a mentality of "whatever it takes". Look at the story between Jake Lindsay and Roger Cook.   Roger did the right thing with that 120"+ deer.   Roger had all rights to kill that buck but he did the right thing!   We could use more people like that clearly!

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Were you with them on the hill at the time? 

A phone call?

I was not on the hill with them.  And yes a phone call was made to Ben about optic pricing.....   who the heck calls about optic pricing when your in the middle of trying to kill a deer????    Duane was trying to throw block on Ben because he knew it was a matter of time...   like I said.  Low budget!

All I'm saying is if two outfitters are on the same deer one isn't going to back off just because someone else is already looking at it. If Ben's client was right there setting up to take a shot it would be a different story. 

Both are being paid money to perform a specific task. It's the nature of the business. This whole scenario is much different then just one hunter walking up on another hunter.

33 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Correct, this is not a true 150” Coues whitetail deer. The drama is extremely dumb and could’ve easily been avoided. 

Spotter found the buck on the hill. Ben and the hunter were on the other side of the hill. Before Ben and the hunter could get around to the buck side of the hill, the buck had moved down in the flats. Coincidentally, about that same time Duwane and his hunter got there. Duwanes guide then picked up the buck in the flats. Boom. Dead hybrid. 

20 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

What does it matter who my source is? Change my mind! Once again, thanks for the warm and fuzzy stories of when Duwayne changed your tire, or when Duwayne rocked your baby to sleep. Or whatever. 

And spare me the “those who don’t succeed make up lots of stories to make up for their lack of success” garbage. You just get back from a Tony Robbins seminar? That’s become the go-to response when snowflakes get offended or don’t have anything significant to contribute. 

C. Johnson, you never answered my questions. 

Did you see a biologist take a DNA sample of this deer. You keep spouting Hybrid but did you see a biologist take a sample?

were you actually there when as you say Duwane talked to the A3 spotter? 

You keep downplaying this as it is a bs deer because it is a hybrid, which you have no proof of. 

Secondly, what tag did the hunter for A3 hold. A fricken whitetail tag and someone's panties are in a wad because they didnt kill it! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

What does it matter who my source is? Change my mind! Once again, thanks for the warm and fuzzy stories of when Duwayne changed your tire, or when Duwayne rocked your baby to sleep. Or whatever. 

And spare me the “those who don’t succeed make up lots of stories to make up for their lack of success” garbage. You just get back from a Tony Robbins seminar? That’s become the go-to response when snowflakes get offended or don’t have anything significant to contribute. 

"Change my mind"?  You keep posting that but I am not sure you have one.  Snowflake?  LMFAO!  You're either a Libtard  or a troll. I deal with seniors every day, many who are are suffering  from dementia.  I deal with enough stupid.  I can choose not to deal with yours.

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Sounds like one side of a 2 sided story. I have no dog in this fight but lol at blaming not getting the deer because of a phone call. I mean really? 

Never blamed not killing that buck because of a phone call...   just showing how low Duane will stoop to throw block on somebody...

3 minutes ago, 450Dakota said:

C. Johnson, you never answered my questions. 

Did you see a biologist take a DNA sample of this deer. You keep spouting Hybrid but did you see a biologist take a sample?

were you actually there when as you say Duwane talked to the A3 spotter? 

You keep downplaying this as it is a bs deer because it is a hybrid, which you have no proof of. 

Secondly, what tag did the hunter for A3 hold. A fricken whitetail tag and someone's panties are in a wad because they didnt kill it! 

If the other crew got it I don’t think we’d be hearing as much about it being a hybrid. 

• Like 6