Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

6 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I have no dog in this fight either but who answers a phone call while your trying to kill a giant buck?

Lol, thats exactly what my wife just said. 

• Like 2

Speaking of dealing with dementia patients...

I’ll repeat it ONCE AGAIN. Put your big boy ears on, okay?

Duwane was never even going to go after the buck until they found out that A3 was requesting permits. Who knows, maybe Duwane didn’t even know about the buck up until that point! If the buck was so special and worth the raffle tag, Colt, Shane, Duwane and Tol would’ve been in there from the beginning. The fact that they weren’t in there from the beginning and the ENTIRE time Ben was watching this buck leading up to the auction hunter even showing up doesn’t sound strange to any of you?? It’s obvious, people. Colt and Shane (and clearly Duwane) would’ve rather seen Tol kill the deer than anyone else if Colt wasn’t going to have a second chance at him. Which is Colt’s prerogative. 

I know some guides and outfitters who wouldn’t touch this mess. This was a cluster from the beginning. They don’t want the drama. If you’re an outfitter and you specifically go into an area ONLY because you found out another outfitter is chasing a big buck, you’re a douche. I don’t care if you’re A3, mossback or Duwanes whatever guide service. 

As for the phone call. It was while Ben and the hunter were coming around to relocate the buck, not “getting ready to shoot”. Why did he answer? Who knows, maybe Ben thought for a minute that he’d have a good, honest discussion on the phone with a fellow outfitter who was clearly going after the same deer? We know that didn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Sounds like one side of a 2 sided story. I have no dog in this fight but lol at blaming not getting the deer because of a phone call. I mean really? 

Still waiting for that “other side of the story.”

43 minutes ago, CJohnson said:

Still waiting for that “other side of the story.”

Still waiting for you to answer.

Were you there or is this your buddy feeding you the story!

Did you see a biologist take a DNA sample much less 2 biologists? That's how you confirm genetic make-up. 

Maybe Colt or Shane mentioned the buck to another who sold them out to A3 and they decided if it was going down it was going down in their camp. Things that make you go hmmm!

Looking at the AZ guides list there are a couple of C. Johnsons. Maybe you guide for A3 and don't like getting beat! Hmmm.

Maybe said hunter shouldn't of went for a hike around the mountain when other people just walk up and shoot it in the flats. Hmmm. 

A lot of maybes but there are n your side of it as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 450Dakota said:

Still waiting for you to answer.

Were you there or is this your buddy feeding you the story!

Did you see a biologist take a DNA sample much less 2 biologists? That's how you confirm genetic make-up. 

Maybe Colt or Shane mentioned the buck to another who sold them out to A3 and they decided if it was going down it was going down in their camp. Things that make you go hmmm!

Looking at the AZ guides list there are a couple of C. Johnsons. Maybe you guide for A3 and don't like getting beat! Hmmm.

Maybe said hunter shouldn't of went for a hike around the mountain when other people just walk up and shoot it in the flats. Hmmm. 

A lot of maybes but there are n your side of it as well. 

100%  

7 hours ago, CJohnson said:

Duwane was never even going to go after the buck until they found out that A3 was requesting permits. Who knows, maybe Duwane didn’t even know about the buck up until that point! If the buck was so special and worth the raffle tag, Colt, Shane, Duwane and Tol would’ve been in there from the beginning. The fact that they weren’t in there from the beginning and the ENTIRE time Ben was watching this buck leading up to the auction hunter even showing up doesn’t sound strange to any of you?? It’s obvious, people. Colt and Shane (and clearly Duwane) would’ve rather seen Tol kill the deer than anyone else if Colt wasn’t going to have a second chance at him. Which is Colt’s prerogative. 

I know some guides and outfitters who wouldn’t touch this mess. This was a cluster from the beginning. They don’t want the drama. If you’re an outfitter and you specifically go into an area ONLY because you found out another outfitter is chasing a big buck, you’re a douche. I don’t care if you’re A3, mossback or Duwanes whatever guide service. 

As for the phone call. It was while Ben and the hunter were coming around to relocate the buck, not “getting ready to shoot”. Why did he answer? Who knows, maybe Ben thought for a minute that he’d have a good, honest discussion on the phone with a fellow outfitter who was clearly going after the same deer? We know that didn’t happen. 

5 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

DuWanes not known for blocking roads into an area and  trying to keep other hunters out of an area.

DuWanes not known for having tons of dudes on ridges glassing one animal to walk one hunter in to kill it.

DuWanes also not known for ordering pallets worth of trail cams and having every deer or elk in a unit catolaged. 

Sorry but if A3s hunter was not there and Duwane himself was with his client that buck is fair game.  

Now were talking :)   Wait don't talk about Duwane's ethics. Ethics mean nothing. According to a few of these special folks It doesn't matter what he is KNOWN for. Only thing that matters is their "shady" not adding up story. 

7 hours ago, CJohnson said:

Already confirmed by two biologists that it's a hybrid. Why is this even part of the discussion anymore? Unless you're trying to tell Duwane to STOP telling everyone, including his hunter, that it's a Coues buck? 

Colt Yount found the buck and hunted the buck back in November unsuccessfully. He planned on hunting the buck again this year, I'm sure. That was until they (Duwane, Shane, Colt, or whoever) found out that A3 was requesting permits to guide in a specific area asap where this buck happened to live. Clearly someone else (we'll call him Ben) had found the buck, was planning on selling him to the auction hunter, and A3 was bringing said hunter to hunt it. That's when Colt gave Shane "permission" to take Duwane's hunter (the raffle tag holder, Tol) in there to hurry and kill it before A3 did. Up until that point, Duwane wasn't even hunting the buck. So the race begins...

Several days later, and a couple of days of unsuccessfully hunting the buck, the buck is found again by one of Ben's friends. Ben and the hunter are now on their way around to the side of the mountain that the buck is on to shoot it. Meanwhile, Duwane pulls up with his hunter and walks right up to the hill where the spotter is and tries to BS with Ben's friend. Ben's friend makes it clear to Duwane that they're already on the buck. Duwane then tries the old "yeah, but which big buck? There's two big bucks in here" trick. A short while later, and after a random phone call made to Ben by Duwane about optics, Duwane's guide (assuming it was Shane) happens to glass the buck up in the flats. And the rest is history.

This is why nobody wants to talk about it:

#1 it's a hybrid (which doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about, per se'), just NOT a full-blooded Coues Whitetail deer

#2 Duwane's a snake

#3 Change my mind

Did anyone happen to ask "lets call him Ben" how he found the buck in the first place? Curious? Archery hunting right. He found it then?  A week before. This beast of a buck you are trying to sell to an outfitter for a big ole price tag...you found just a week before. "lets call him Ben" is that true... I mean...is it?  If so... He is so lucky. You lucky duck. So THEN...it gets better Adams and his guides just happened to show up on the same mountain like a bunch of unethical dudes and shoot it right from underneath him as he was walking there. Because they randomly got a call about A3 looking for permits? They move quick. So they rushed right in and shot the deer one of their guides had originally found after "lets call him ben" had been climbing his little heart out to kill it.  Really.  Get the heck out of here!  Im curious. I feel like there are some missing details. Were they sleeping on that mountain? Were they on the same hill? If your spotter had the big buck...Was he looking in another direction?  If so why had they not shot? How long till the shot?  They were on their way? Like on the way a few steps or on their way hill sides over. On the way on a plane? Whats the standard wait time on a buck you originally find, gets sold out by a friend,  and their not being an actual shooting hunter "shooting" but a spotter on every hill? So spotters call dibs on bucks they didn't find?  So they just sit down and shoot it in 30 minutes or an hour? Hour far away were they again?  I mean where were ya? Im confused.....AND Only a few of you were there right?  On every mountain? ON two mountains. Just trying to process. But just a few and no dead buck.  I saw mentioned it wasn't the standard 15 guys maybe 5, 6 or 7 or so. Just setting up shop and an old guy came in and 30 minutes later just snagged it right from under you and tried to "give smoke and mirrors" with a phone call about optics. FAKE NEWS.   

I read your story CJJOHNSON and its laid out pretty well.

I mean if I didn't know both sides you may have me half way convinced that Adams was a snake. Shoot it sounds pretty dang good. I think...Your argument is ethics with a little peppered in name calling too... but mostly ethics.  Thats pretty bold word to throw out there considering your source...again asking "lets call him Ben" about his ethics when it comes to old school hunting moral and this buck right here.  Not that it matters. Im gonna consider your source. Lame. You ARE POUNDING posts where people are validating the history of ethics about the guy you are calling a "snake"  You-"I don't want to hear about all the ethical things the guy (Duwane) has done. I want want to hear about that one story I'm telling you all that doesn't add up and stick right there...im gonna stick right there....But calling me CJJOHNSON, us, haters, jelly, thats old news."  This is about ethics and doing the right thing. Ben? Ya there. Doing the right thing? So yeah. Lastly, You said  "#3 change your mind" I think its pretty made up dude. I also think its Pretty Foolish. I don't see much slandering coming from the other side.  Id say Bigger people maybe. Solid folks. No he doesn't rock my baby or change my tires. OLD NEWS.  I guess we will leave the details up to the men on the mountain and God. Seems if I had to evaluate your story he kinda pulled through for the right folks at the right time.  Anyways,  What a great story. You should start a novel series about it.  Fiction of course. What a great deer. :)  

• Like 5

Aaaaaand this is why we can’t have nice things.

Stupidest thread since “Bowtech Truck”. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Aaaaaand this is why we can’t have nice things.

Stupidest thread since “Bowtech Truck”. 

HA!  So true, just ask the Cornbagger!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bowfishAZ said:

Come on man!!  What'd he do wrong?   Dude when someone is on a buck..  the last thing you do is climb a hill somebody is already on, come up with a bs story asking which big buck they're hunting and then camp on top of that person then shoot the buck.. not to mention the bs phone call to Ben that Duane made about optic pricing while Ben was getting his hunter on a different knob to relocate the deer..(mind you Duane knew ben was out there and on this buck!).  Everything Duane did was very toxic and low budget!

Sounds like he shouldn’t have answered his phone. The last thing I would do while stalking a deer. 

It sounds like the master guide gave the upincomer student a lesson on how to get his client a big buck in a competitive atmosphere. A3 should pay Duane for the lesson. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I've only talked to Duwane twice.  The 1st time he gave me two bits of advice, the second time I let him know how things worked out.  The advice he gave me completely changed the way I hunt.  He did not have to give me these tips and why would he do it if he where such a snake?

From here it seems we have not heard from Duane or A3 , only 3rd or 4th hand info.  Who knows the truth?  

I

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CJohnson said:

I'm definately not the one missing anything here. Let me dumb this down for you...

Your buddy for the sake of anynomity,  let's call him Harry P.  finds a buck and thinks he owns it and all of its subsidiary rights. Harry P. decides he's going to sell said buck like a commodity to the Hogwarts school of wizardry. He tells you (Hermione) all about the evil phone call made by none other then the Lord of darkness himself Lord Voldemort, but for the sake of anonymity lets call him "he that shall not be named". So when "He that shall not be named" finds out Hogwarts is pulling permits for a unit he uses ultimate dark magic to find out the EXACT LOCATION within this unit of a very special deer. Now here's the part bleeding gash Hermione can't wrap her little lady brain around. Harry P. Made the wrong assumption that he owned the deer. Maybe, just maybe, "he that shall not be named" wasn't clued in on the deer because of Hogwarts permit pulling, it very well may have been because his evil cronie Draco Malfoy would rather see "he that shall not be named" kill the deer rather then Hogwarts and he was worried Hogwarts might bring in professional deer harvesters by the truckload and that deer would have no chance. Maybe he would simply rather see "he that shall not be named" get that deer then Hogwarts. Heres another poseible scenario. "He that shall not be named" maybe did know of that deer, maybe he never planned on hunting that particular deer because he would rather see his cronie Draco kill it since Draco found it, but maybe that only changed when Hogwarts came into the picture. 

Now if you'll excuse me I just finished my coffee and I got to go make some dark magic of my own.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1