Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

Maybe I'm still confused.... but apparently this deer is irrelevant because its a hybrid.... but the A3 guys knew it was a hybrid because of the metatarsals, but still elected to put a big $$$ client on a deer that couldn't be entered into the book??  And then they are pissed that someone else killed the buck that couldn't be put into the books.  Call me crazy but if I spent $80,000 on a deer and the guide costs etc, I would think one might want to shoot something that makes books or be pissed that my guide put me on a deer that they knew I couldn't enter?

So much drama... such a twisted mess of a story.

Sound like the guys that originally found the buck work for Adams and when a bunch of dudes showed up looking for this deer in January in an out of the way spot with rifles, they figured hey, we know Duwane has the raffle tag hunter (because we work for him) and we'd rather kill this buck than watch a big $$$ hunter pop him they went after him instead of keeping him to themselves....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Would rather have a 6’4 Toby screw my chick than have a 150 coues shot in front of me. 

I'm 6'3,  and have been called worse. God knows my wife ain't giving it to me so I'll take whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow! 1

I'd take him, I shoot little deer, no matter what he's a buck of a life time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sneakem33 said:

Sound like the guys that originally found the buck work for Adams and when a bunch of dudes showed up looking for this deer in January in an out of the way spot with rifles, they figured hey, we know Duwane has the raffle tag hunter (because we work for him) and we'd rather kill this buck than watch a big $$$ hunter pop him they went after him instead of keeping him to themselves....

Exactly! Thought I just said that!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Super raffle $5 , governor tag $80.000  give or take you know who I'm pulling for, best man won, give or take on tag price

The GOV tag sold for $38,000

People that have built a successful career for themselves and have money to do the things they like  just suck don't they?

We should tax the **** out them and give it to dudes sitting on their couch in their boxers eating Cheeto's, drinking Busch Ice and complaining about how they were dealt a bad hand at life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest akaspecials
26 minutes ago, JSR said:

People that have built a successful career for themselves and have money to do the things they like  just suck don't they?

We should tax the **** out them and give it to dudes sitting on their couch in their boxers eating Cheeto's, drinking Busch Ice and complaining about how they were dealt a bad hand at life.

While I agree with your sentiment, it's also important to recognize that our public lands are not part of the "King's Forest" and a lot of us peasants don't think it's right that 38k can get you special hunting privileges. Money shouldn't be able to buy a public resource that is shared amongst all of us. That's the North American game model I was taught and subscribe to anyways.... 

If you work for a guild service, may be we could have the service name added to your forum name. That way it’s easier to understand your position. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

While I agree with your sentiment, it's also important to recognize that our public lands are not part of the "King's Forest" and a lot of us peasants don't think it's right that 38k can get you special hunting privileges. Money shouldn't be able to buy a public resource that is shared amongst all of us. That's the North American game model I was taught and subscribe to anyways.... 

I dont disagree with your sentiment, but That is a game and fish dept issue. 

1 minute ago, oz31p said:

If you work for a guild service, may be we could have the service name added to your forum name. That way it’s easier to understand your position. 

My position is that being successful at what you do for a living and being able to afford expensive things isn’t Bad.   It has nothing to do with guiding or even for hunting. 

• Like 1

It was an open statement to the people talking in the thread. It was not directed at you.

but just for the heck if it. I suck at golfing. But I dont like to golf enough to do it on my own, can you direct me to a service that will “guild” me to a 2 handicap?

8 minutes ago, JSR said:

My position is that being successful at what you do for a living and being able to afford expensive things isn’t Bad.   It has nothing to do with guiding or even for hunting. 

Keep in mind folks, if DNA suggests this animal is a Coues Deer (which is probable, IMO), it can/will be accepted by B&C.......regardless of the length of some gland.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JSR said:

Not saying anything about working your butt off to afford to do this.  I'm just being realistic and honestly I have my own opinions about the donate to betterment of wildlife hunt.  I can tell you I have been on both sides of the ball.  I've been the guy with the paid hunter.  I have also been the guy on the other side of the fence. 

I once found a huge antelope in Wyoming (pushing 88-90) and went after him during archery season.  Opening morning of the hunt I found the buck where I had left him (after a couple months of watching him).  I stalked within 60 yard of him and was about to crest the dike on the water tank and stick him in his bed.  All of the sudden a truck comes flying down a two track within 80 yard of the antelope and I... scares the buck off.  Commissioners tag hunter with a guide that I recognized. They watched me stalk the buck, and as I was about to seal the deal they decided that it was best to interrupt. We exchanged pleasantries and they proceeded to drive over the hill and shoot the buck with a rifle...

Me personally, I'm rooting for the dude with the raffle tag.  I understand the suck of having a deer shot with your client there and missing out on a paycheck too...  Obviously it becomes a shoot show when you have the pressure to deliver on these tags and I'm sure some crazy crap happened and it was a foot race to this deer.  Anyone remember the several month long story about a certain elk in Utah..."spider bull"... it happens all the time.... half of Utah was after that bull...

Some people just need to pull up their big boy pants, give their feelings a big hug and wipe the tears from their faces.  Congrats to the hunter, sweet a$$ deer....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JSR said:

We should tax the **** out them and give it to dudes sitting on their couch in their boxers eating Cheeto's, drinking Busch Ice and complaining about how they were dealt a bad hand at life

What is wrong with boxer shorts and Busch beer?