Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

Brian,  I appreciate your effort to clear the air. You did so without throwing accusations and name calling and considering the fact that you and Ben are the two people that got dealt the worst blow you still came on here with class to speak your position rather eloquently.  That's pretty commendable and I respect that.  Good luck to you on filling your tag, luckily you have plenty of time to do it. 

I am wondering though how the buck made it's way from 1300 yards to 300 to the knob Duwane was on without anyone noticing? That is a heck of a distance to travel with lots of eyes looking at all the deer.  Im just wondering if there really are 2 big deer in there, or are you guys certain its the same buck?

And for whats it's worth, this is an absolutely great forum. Tons of guys on here helping each other out on a regular basis, often with 0 expectations in return. I can't tell you how much I've learned since joining this website. Sure we all have our moments but overall I have a great deal of respect for the guys here.  As far as my smart butt remarks here, CJ came on here name calling someone I have utmost respect for and look up to as a mentor. Obviously Im going to have something to say and come to the mans defense.  Duwane is one of the nicest dudes I never met. I joined him on the Kaibab this past year with sub par gear.  After seeing me freeze my butt off he sent me home with HIS PERSONAL -30 degree sleeping bag and a nice XL cot. And his good buddy Butch gave me his sleeping pad. I mean, they just gave it to me! That's the Duwane Adams I know! Awesome people in his camp and I'll argue the point til I'm blue in the face.

Good luck on your hunt brother.

• Like 9

Well put Brian.  It’s interesting to actually hear “the whole story” on these things.  What the heck are the odds that of the only two tags like this in the entire state, with 365 days a year to hunt that you guys would end up on this buck at the same time on the same day!?!!  I realize that coues bucks of this class aren’t behind every tree so it’s possible but man that is unlikely!   Good luck with the rest of the hunt and thanks for your support of AZ wildlife.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Maybe a Nature Girl restraining order would be in the fine print of said tag holders........prevent this from happening again? :)

What did I miss here?

Note to self, if I ever find a giant anything, and have the chance to choose between hunting it myself and selling it, I am going to love every minute of hunting that SOB.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Note to self, if I ever find a giant anything, and have the chance to choose between hunting it myself and selling it, I am going to love every minute of hunting that SOB.

Amen to that. 

• Like 1

There should be a separate trophy book for solo hunters.

A lot of the trophy pics floating around these days look like high school football team photos with an animal in the front and a water mark.

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

There should be a separate trophy book for solo hunters.

A lot of the trophy pics floating around these days look like high school football team photos with an animal in the front and a water mark.

In truth we don’t even need record books any more. 

They were started to measure conservation efforts 100 years ago when these game animal were nearly wiped out. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brhoton said:

4. There have been several posts about people glad that the raffle guy killed and I did not because I bought the tag, i agree completely with those comments.  Tol is a great guy that got lucky and drew a great tag and killed a smoker buck.

That's a pretty classy comment...props!

Not to mention the rest of the response was fair and seems like a very accurate portrayal with no finger pointing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Im kinda surprised they didn't run into BC777 out there. 

Does he have a statewide, year long, any weapon, either species tag again this year?

• Haha 1