Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Super Raffle tag buck...

37 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I haven’t been paid since Dec but the way thing go I don’t expect to see anything before this all starts again on Feb 15. 

Big O, are you BP? 

Sorry my phone is probably on silent so I missed the text. Indian Health Service is a federal agency under HHS. (Not all of HHS was funded during the shutdown...I guess we were the unlucky ones.) We provide healthcare on Indian reservations across the country. Lots of IHS folks have been taking care of patients throughout the shutdown without pay. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wildwoody said:

They say checks will go out in 3 business days , I hope so because you guys work very hard and need it. I understand the frustration believe me.

Doubtfull... they told us we all have to start ammending our time sheets on monday...this will take over a week...

10 hours ago, bigorange said:

Lots of IHS folks have been taking care of patients throughout the shutdown without pay. 

Really? Without pay or without getting paid until later. Big difference, no? 😉

• Like 2

Big deer and drama...... who would have thunk it?

Only thing I can say is that I think it’s low rent for anybody, guide or not, to climb up on a knob that already has people glassing on it.  I’ve never plopped down next to somebody and started with the “which big deer are you looking for” question .  It’s just not something I do nor would I ever do.  I’ve had it happen to me and my blood boils every time it does.  George Taulman did it to my friends and I on a OIL oryx hunt on White Sands a number of years ago and the hunter was my friends 16 year old daughter.  It sucks every time and it’s chicken $h!t 

I don’t have a dog in the fight so it is what it is, I’m just on the outside looking in and don’t have a side to be on.  Never heard anything negative about Duwayne Adams and my thoughts above are not an indictment of his character as it is public land and free game I guess.  Just not how I do things personally.  

4 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Really? Without pay or without getting paid until later. Big difference, no? 😉

Getting paid later, but that doesn’t help the folks living paycheck to paycheck who haven’t been paid since mid-Dec.

35 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Getting paid later, but that doesn’t help the folks living paycheck to paycheck who haven’t been paid since mid-Dec.

Agreed.

But the whole "government shutdown" is a sham. Since employees are getting paid regardless, there's absolutely no reason to shut anything down., and I say that with a daughter who is a federal worker. Geez, when this all started, she actually was one day into her vacation. So now, not only did she not work and will still get paid, but they will have to rebate her vacation days. If they're getting paid for all those hours, they should be required to work.

And she didn't need to go on food stamps because she has saved money over the years, and trust me, even with saving she lives well -- Nice house, plenty of nice clothes and drives a new Lexus every two years. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Federal workers are paid well, if they don’t save or live outside their means I don’t have sympathy for them. 

I agree. Try licenced contracting, net terms 30 days seems to be 60 to 90 days for a check. I just received a check yesterday from 6/18.

• Like 1

Other than people you know that are not getting paid, Has anybody noticed the effects of the Gov't shutdown?

Just now, idgaf said:

Other than people you know that are not getting paid, Has anybody noticed the effects of the Gov't shutdown?

“Partial shut down of non-essential personnel”

17 minutes ago, oz31p said:

“Partial shut down of non-essential personnel”

This is the libertarian part of mind speaking, that's my point is the size of our gov't needed?  I am asking, I do not know the answer. 

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

This is the libertarian part of mind speaking, that's my point is the size of our gov't needed?  I am asking, I do not know the answer. 

I forgive that part. 

no the size of out federal govt is way to big and bloated