I am heading to Sonora next week and crossing the border at Nogales. Is there somewhere on the US side where I can exchange US dollars for pesos? I understand I may need some for toll booths and things like that. Any help is much appreciated.

Where can you usually get the best exchange rate? I read on some sites that banks sometimes take several days to get you pesos, is that the case with Bank of America too?

If you're using the Mariposa crossing, there's a gas station on the left side with a small strip mall to the right. They usually give a pretty decent exchange rate right at the cashier's counter. In another thread on here I put the mileages to various points after you get off the I-19 exit ramp. Try a search on Performance Fuel. 

I tried to do it thru chase, they said I had to order them, they love American green but I think there exchange rate is a little of at the toll booths.

They will take your money whatever it is.  The exchange rate is = exchange from your hand to theirs.  You dont want the peso that they give back.  Montezuma's revenge.  

10 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

For some reason i thought they only accepted Pesos at the tolls and not US currency, i could be wrong though. 

That's how it has been for many years. It's been about three years since I ventured into Mex. so perhaps it's changed now. 

I just took a toll road in Sonora from San Luis Rio Colorado to El Golfo de Santa Clara last Thursday and they most definitely took our American Dollars!  The exchange rate is approximately 18 pesos/$1.

Take pesos, you'll appreciate having them if you stop for snacks or beverages.  Most merchants exchange on the low side, plus you'll end up with a butt ton of loose  change everytime you pay gringo money and come home with more strange coins  than you want.