GTIMANiac

WTB Lead Shot (2 25lb Bags) any size

What’s the cost of 2-25lb bags? Currently I just use 2-25lb dumbbells and they work well. I think I paid $20 for them. 

11 minutes ago, MT. CAT said:

What’s the cost of 2-25lb bags? Currently I just use 2-25lb dumbbells and they work well. I think I paid $20 for them. 

$45-$50 a bag! Shot does work better than solid weight. Ended up just ordering a wake boat ballast this morning. They’re steel washers in a heavy bag with handle, similar to what’s used to stabilize camera rigging. $55 for a 50lb bag shipped. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GTIMANiac said:

$45-$50 a bag! Shot does work better than solid weight. Ended up just ordering a wake boat ballast this morning. They’re steel washers in a heavy bag with handle, similar to what’s used to stabilize camera rigging. $55 for a 50lb bag shipped. 

Where did you purchase this from if you don’t mind me asking, I need something for my lead sled as well 

Yep! Lead sleds damage stocks and scopes/bases/rings.

They also aren’t the best to shoot groups from. Can’t get a good consistent cheek weld. Watch the front sling stud during recoil also. It can contact the front rest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baboltin said:

Where did you purchase this from if you don’t mind me asking, I need something for my lead sled as well 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LI2HK9W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2V230X4O1XZBX&psc=1

Price is a little higher today than when I bought, Amazon prices fluctuate all the time. On their corp website they say they have a dealer in Mesa if you're on that side of town.

7 hours ago, Cahunter805 said:

Yep! Lead sleds damage stocks and scopes/bases/rings.

They also aren’t the best to shoot groups from. Can’t get a good consistent cheek weld. Watch the front sling stud during recoil also. It can contact the front rest.

I did notice that after hunting season when I took my rifle apart (scope,rings) that my front ring/base (have a Talley style base and ring) was loose the only thing I could think was that it was from the lead sled. I have read they can loosen stuff up and be hard on stuff, so after reading that I have gone through my whole rifle and checked everything and it seems to be fine but from now on I’m not going to strap it down in the lead sled so that it can have some of the energy displaced in other forms then being strapped done and containing it. 

1 hour ago, Baboltin said:

I did notice that after hunting season when I took my rifle apart (scope,rings) that my front ring/base (have a Talley style base and ring) was loose the only thing I could think was that it was from the lead sled. I have read they can loosen stuff up and be hard on stuff, so after reading that I have gone through my whole rifle and checked everything and it seems to be fine but from now on I’m not going to strap it down in the lead sled so that it can have some of the energy displaced in other forms then being strapped done and containing it. 

Check that the front base screw isnt bottoming out on the barrel threads and shorten it if it is. Also I use a dab of blue loktite on my screws. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:30 AM, Cahunter805 said:

Check that the front base screw isnt bottoming out on the barrel threads and shorten it if it is. Also I use a dab of blue loktite on my screws. 

I will check and make sure they aren’t bottoming out, I also used a little loktite and it still came loose, I figured it came loose from either the use of the lead sled or I took a decent fall on a rock this past hunting season. That’s how I realized it was loose was when I went to take the scope off to have it fixed.