Sign in to follow this  
Tight Guy

WTB Remington ADL Long Action Factory Wood Stock

My hunting partner of 42 years Sammy passed away last November. His son Eric inherited his Remington 30-06 that was a Christmas present his Grandfather gave to his Father around 1969. Over the years the factory wood stock was cracked on one of our hunting trips and Sammy put it away in the closet always intending to replace that cracked stock. That rifle sat in the closet for maybe 25 years. After he passed I asked his son Eric if I could restore the rifle for him so that maybe he could pass it along to his children some day. Somewhere along the way  this rifle ended up with a black Remington synthetic stock installed. I would love to bring this piece of history back to as close a condition as the day he first opened it all those years ago.

I was wondering if anybody has a factory ADL long action wood stock they would be willing to sell or possibly trade for the synthetic one it has on it now. 

Thanks

• Like 2

Guessing his son wasn't big on hunting, and that's ok though. What a great idea and I hope it comes to fruition.  I'd love to see before and after pics and see it handed down to someone in the family with a strong case of the hunting gene. 

Thanks so much for the responses. Twigsnapper has a wood stock that he took off a older ADL that should fit and has generously offered to donate to this project.  Bowhnt has also stepped up with a old stock if Twigsnappers doesn't fit.

Goes to show that great people are on this site.

I will take some before, during, and after photos of the progress. And now the pressure is on for me to do a really good job.

THANKS

• Like 1