Sign in to follow this  
CraigK

Good Ford mechanic recommendations in Tucson

I’m looking for some recommendations for a good mechanic in Tucson. I need to have a 100,000 mile service done on my 2006 F150 and don’t really want to mess with the dealer. 

Thanks!

I had the plugs done a few months back, so just wanting the tranny flushed, differential, and a good inspection done. Also was thinking about having the timing chain/ assembly assessed. I guess it’s not really a full 100k service but I’m planning on doing some other maintenance myself. The dealer prices seem pretty outrageous every time I’ve been given a quote. Would be nice to have a good mechanic that is trustworthy.

Thanks 5guys, I’ll look into monsoon auto. 

No need to worry about the chain unless it's making noise. I would do a flush and filter but I just change my tranny filter enough that I dont have to worry about flushing it. I would just use factory oil, that's just me. I cant remember if your truck used Mercon V, LV, or SP. I am just anal about fluids....

54 minutes ago, CraigK said:

I had the plugs done a few months back, so just wanting the tranny flushed, differential, and a good inspection done. Also was thinking about having the timing chain/ assembly assessed. I guess it’s not really a full 100k service but I’m planning on doing some other maintenance myself. The dealer prices seem pretty outrageous every time I’ve been given a quote. Would be nice to have a good mechanic that is trustworthy.

Thanks 5guys, I’ll look into monsoon auto. 

Rick gave me a new in box rv fridge cooling unit for free. He's a pretty good guy😏

I didn't even know him.

44 minutes ago, ctracingraptor said:

I can take care of you, if you want to make a trip to the valley. Trans takes merc v btw

Thanks, wish I was more available to go to the valley, but Won’t be for a while. I  Definitely appreciate it though. 

Thanks for the kind words guys. We can definitely take care of you. Like said above chains I wouldn't worry about unless they are noisey. If the plugs have been done not much left to do except fluids. 

• Like 2