CatfishKev

Do we really need a border wall?

Do we really need a wall?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. With the shutdown going can't help but wonder what opinions are of the subject. A wall could work maybe but would a lot of Border Agents lose jobs? On a smaller scale you might still have to consider wildlife such as Jaguars. What do you guys think is the best approach?

• Build a giant physical wall.
    • A high tech wall With more sensors, night vision cams and blimps similar to what we have in Sierra Vista, supported by more Border agents
    • Hire more Border Agents

The government shutdown got me thinking about the wall. I can only speak for right here where I live and its been years since Ive seen BP agents with a pile of dudes aoong side the road. Seems they are doing a great job on at least this side of the huachucas.  I dont honestly know if a big physical wall is best or if the same purpose could be met the high tech way. Just curious what everyones opinion is on the subject. 

I'm particularly interested in the opinions of Border Agents and LEOs. 

I’m not in favor of the wall because what it will do to wildlife. Storm run off is another consideration. Can we stiffen the laws for being here without documentation?

• Like 3

I’m not in favor of the wall because what it will do to wildlife. Storm run off is another consideration. Can we stiffen the laws for being here without documentation?

Stiffen the laws? They already have plenty of laws that aren't enforced. What is adding more regulation, laws, etc... going to do? 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

The government shutdown got me thinking about the wall. I can only speak for right here where I live and its been years since Ive seen BP agents with a pile of dudes aoong side the road. Seems they are doing a great job on at least this side of the huachucas.  I dont honestly know if a big physical wall is best or if the same purpose could be met the high tech way. Just curious what everyones opinion is on the subject. 

I'm particularly interested in the opinions of Border Agents and LEOs. 

Well if YOU didn’t see them with piles of dudes i guess the borders safe then 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Well if YOU didn’t see them with piles of dudes i guess the borders safe then 

Not even close to what I'm saying.  I'm all for securing the border. Just curious what others think is the best way to do it.  

20 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Your poll needs a D. all of the above option.

Do you think the need for agents would decrease with a big wall?

From before the recession the traffic has diminished because the border patrol is evolving it's methods.  A better way I think would be to punish severely the guys that hire undocumented/fraudulently documented workers with severe punishments to repeat offenders and even harsher penalties to drug runners. 

You can try to keep them out which works to an extent(wall) or make the undocumented feel unwanted which I believe would make them not want to try to begin with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

From before the recession the traffic has diminished because the border patrol is evolving it's methods.  A better way I think would be to punish severely the guys that hire undocumented/fraudulently documented workers with severe punishments to repeat offenders and even harsher penalties to drug runners. 

You can try to keep them out which works to an extent(wall) or make the undocumented feel unwanted which I believe would make them not want to try to begin with. 

Yeah, I didn't really think of that. When I used to see that pretty often it was still booming pretty good down here.

5 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Start by building the wall out of the drug smugglers? And see if that slows the rest down

• Like 2

E-verfy, armored helicopters flying the border, motion sensors, severe penalties for all criminals,  In other words whatever it takes to keep criminals out of our country.  And if farmers want some workers then apply to immigration as to how many they want, how long they stay, post a bond, insure them, and be responsible or them when in our country.  Any crimes including parking tickets, spitting on the side walk, etc.,committed by illegals in a sanctuary city and not reported to INS will be a felony on the officer , mayor and council, board of supervisors, priest, etc.  Anyone harbouring illegals will have their building sold and proceeds go to building more prisons.  In other words get serious.  I am sure there could more added to the list.

• Like 6