CatfishKev

Do we really need a border wall?

Do we really need a wall?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. With the shutdown going can't help but wonder what opinions are of the subject. A wall could work maybe but would a lot of Border Agents lose jobs? On a smaller scale you might still have to consider wildlife such as Jaguars. What do you guys think is the best approach?

• Build a giant physical wall.
    • A high tech wall With more sensors, night vision cams and blimps similar to what we have in Sierra Vista, supported by more Border agents
    • Hire more Border Agents

32 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Something that confuses me.......video of all these people coming north......nobody really looks poverty stricken.......they have nicer clothes than I do.......newer phones than mine.......am I missing something???

Wonder how all those people made it all the way through Mexico without being funded by someone. I have often seen Border Patrol buses sitting beside the road not to far from the border, with illegals sitting in them enjoying the AC on the American taxpayers dime. Why not have them out picking up their own trash before being sent back?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Wonder how all those people made it all the way through Mexico without being funded by someone. I have often seen Border Patrol buses sitting beside the road not to far from the border, with illegals sitting in them enjoying the AC on the American taxpayers dime. Why not have them out picking up their own trash before being sent back?

Probably would slow things down if they knew they had to go to work as soon as they gained entry.........

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

keep them out by making the economic situation worse in mexico? with no barrier to stop them from coming?

No, as I said in a previous post to this thread, I'm for the wall. it just seems strange to me that we can't find any political or financial pressure to get Mexico to address the problem better internally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Something that confuses me.......video of all these people coming north......nobody really looks poverty stricken.......they have nicer clothes than I do.......newer phones than mine.......am I missing something???

Right?!?!? How in the world were these people documenting their struggle and march from their $800 IPhones? I may need a tin foil hat soon but this felt a lot like the stunt they pulled on our most recent Supreme Court Justice. Soros? Bloomberg? Somebody is funding/organizing this B.S. and it for sure isn’t the dude selling 3rd gen Mickey Mouse T-shirts in the village they originated from. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Adicted said:

drones are flying people and drugs  over the wall now...

I got a picture of a Mexican drone last year hunting on the border, but no one would believe me.W0oNQfw.thumb.jpg.230245a2ce5d60eac81e39fe178f26c5.jpg

yeah I think the democrats are funding the sanction seekers. 

A wall wont fix anything, However killing drug dealers that are armed crossing our borders will.  You  down a few of those drug smugglers with an A-10 I guarantee you the problem will be over.  We have the means, tech to do it.  Why don't we treat this problem like terrorism because it really is.  Makes you wonder why we don't fix it?  I truly feel politicians fear the shock to the economy if you took all the drug money out

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KoosCrazy said:

yeah I think the democrats are funding the sanction seekers. 

A wall wont fix anything, However killing drug dealers that are armed crossing our borders will.  You  down a few of those drug smugglers with an A-10 I guarantee you the problem will be over.  We have the means, tech to do it.  Why don't we treat this problem like terrorism because it really is.  Makes you wonder why we don't fix it?  I truly feel politicians fear the shock to the economy if you took all the drug money out

Report: Border Patrol Seizes Enough Fentanyl to Kill 57 Million, Largest Bust in History

This might support your theory???

https://bongino.com/report-border-patrol-seizes-enough-fentanyl-to-kill-57-million-largest-bust-in-history/

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 7:47 AM, CatfishKev said:

Coach, interesting story. About 10-15 years ago down here a big drywall company got busted for hiring illegals. Supposedly he had more then a couple warnings and ignored them. Then the place and jobs got raided. It was a pretty big deal, made national news and everything. As far as I know a staff manager got 5 years and the other main guy was still in trial looking at up to 10. To this day im pretty sure the owner never got any time whatsoever. Now he's one of the bigger custom home builders down here.  One of the guys I know that worked at his house said he had about half a million worth of toys in his garage. And since then got a new house built right up against the huachucas with nice deer To hunt right out his back yard. Talk about living the dream.

He’s got more than half a mil of toys! got a personal tour of that house it was pretty awesome! He never got time for his crime tho, his house got raided twice by LEO, paid fines and moved along.