My Rights As An American

Backpack stolen from truck

On our way to youth javelina hunt and got up to 6a. Went to grab my backpack to find it was stolen from the truck while eating dinner at Carl's Jr at I17 and Pinnacle Peak or Happy Valley. Was only place we stopped so it had to happen there. Was a Horn Hunter pack with Vortex Kaibabs, GPS, tags,  license,  slik tripod that I can pick out of a lineup due to an accident. Really pissed right now. Sitting in Cottonwood and more cannot take my daughter tomorrow. Please keep an eye out. Really pissed. Have my daughter,  her friend and my son with me and hunt is now ruined due to some a-hole thief. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That really sucks. Sometimes, people suck. You could still hunt...just with a dark cloud over it.

I have some stuff you can borrow. 67th and bell.

• Like 5

Some great guys on here, use your home owners ins to replace it. I had to once

Brian I got stuff you can borrow as long as you need to. I can drop it off if you like.

15’s, tripod, whatever. Just let me know.

• Like 4

This site is awesome. Thank you all for the incredible offers to help!!!

SHOCKING TWIST UPDATE:

Called the store to see if they had cameras rolling, and manager said there was a homeless guy with my pack in the store! He came back in to the same store. He left it and walked away. Returned 45 minutes later and left a full page handwritten apology along with a few items he had stolen from the bag. Said he felt bad and was not a thief.  Other than a few things out of place, all was still there! Just rushed down to there from Cottonwood and back. Stunned. Just.  Stunned. All still there, even unopened food and snacks. This NEVER happens. Nobody ever gets their stolen items back. Maybe a little positive karma after all I have been through these last few years? Maybe I need to see it as a sign or something. 

Thank you all for the amazing offers of help. The hunt is back on and the kids are so excited again!

• Like 22
  • Confused 1
  • Wow! 7

Absolutely outstanding ending to The missing backpack Saga... Now all you need is to add a javelina or two to make this story totally outrageous... Again very happy that your kids Hunt is back on... Good luck in the Hills tomorrow.......