Non-Typical Solutions

My First Southern Border Hunt Experience

Due to transposing numbers in 2007 I ended up hunting a unit I had never heard of or seen as most of my hunting in AZ had previously been in 27 and 1!

I was not at that time very "aware" of what was going on along the border but had my eyes opened during this hunt!

I sent a copy of this to then Senator John McCain as I was appalled at the amount of trash in the mile of wash I hiked! Of course I didn't hear back.

Another thread posed the question as to a wall or not............this type of activity is illegal and I am glad for the attention that the wall discussion has brought to government!

Pictures don't do the amount of trash justice!

• Like 9

Yup, pretty bad down there.

The first time I ever met Amanda (site owner) and Heat  was at a ranch trash pick-up volunteer event way back then (Remember that, Amanda and Nick?  How did I get so old?? :wacko:).  I think it was 2003 or 2004.  Had just started hunting down that way, and figured the event would be a good way to get to know the units a little better.  Plus it was a fun event for my kids. LOL  That was a LONG time ago, and I'm pretty sure there are still lots of trashed areas.

Been a while since I've done that, though.  Seeing this post makes me want to reach back-out and get involved again.  

• Like 2

I have been on a few hunts down there and each hunt we have seen or heard illegal traffic.  We also have come across countless piles of trash (clothing, backpacks, water jugs, ect). Anyone who thinks there isn't a problem, should spend one hour walking around down there.  I'll bet they will change their mind rather quickly.

• Like 6

Nobody else gives a $hit because its not happening to their state. Round up all that garbage and drop it in the middle of their sanctuary city and let them deal with it.

• Like 7

So looking at google map........Diablito Mountain is approximate 25 miles north of the flat bottom border of AZ.......is that a close calculation as the crow flies?

Which means to me the "border" isn't secure at all! I remember going through a checkpoint headed south.....just north of the turnoff we used to get into that area and since the highway is posted in metric which had me scratching my head, I thought dang......kinda far north to be checking ain't it?

3 hours ago, stanley said:

Yup, pretty bad down there.

The first time I ever met Amanda (site owner) and Heat  was at a ranch trash pick-up volunteer event way back then (Remember that, Amanda and Nick?  How did I get so old?? :wacko:).  I think it was 2003 or 2004.  Had just started hunting down that way, and figured the event would be a good way to get to know the units a little better.  Plus it was a fun event for my kids. LOL  That was a LONG time ago, and I'm pretty sure there are still lots of trashed areas.

Been a while since I've done that, though.  Seeing this post makes me want to reach back-out and get involved again.  

I was on that, or a cleanup. Hooked up with AZGFD officer Mike Hollister. I later went on a ride along with him. That cleanup and ride along helped guide me down the career path I have chosen.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I was on that, or a cleanup. Hooked up with AZGFD officer Mike Hollister. I later went on a ride along with him. That cleanup and ride along helped guide me down the career path I have chosen.

Casey.....remember like one of my first posts on CWT.......I was asking for help in 36B........we had been in there scouting and saw a bumper sticker....something about asassin? :)

34 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Casey.....remember like one of my first posts on CWT.......I was asking for help in 36B........we had been in there scouting and saw a bumper sticker....something about asassin? :)

Yep. Assistance from a distance. 

12 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Yep. Assistance from a distance. 

That was back when we were still hunting Osama Bin Laden and I thought it said Asassin From a Distance and was thinking great idea for that guy!!!

We enjoyed that hunt and the experience we had, it was an eye opener for me as to just how bad things were down south! I appreciate those who work the border with the resources they have and wish they were given more to shut that line down!

• Like 1

I hunt in 36 C sometimes and two to four people could fill up just as many trucks with all the trash I ve seen. Build it!

• Like 2

What you didn't find the tooth brushes in the tree, 36b is terrible, but your making this up, there's nothing going on down there, why would you make such an awesome video of lies. The forest service tried to give me a ticket 10yrs ago for burying poop paper. They didn't care about the illegal trash that the forest service has no want to pick up. Thanks for sharing, the truth hearts doesn't it, but some will say you made it up. Not. BUILD THE WALL AND BUILD IT HIGH AND THEN PUT ARMED BORDER PATROL THATS ALOUD TO SHOOT THE SCUM BAG COYETIES AND DRUG RUNNERS WHICH IVE SEEN MANY OF. Ok I'm ready for the woody bashing

• Like 3

You need to send that video to Pelosi and Schumer

• Like 3